I am at a loss...

Started by Sporetica, May 13, 2009, 08:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporetica

So I have tried everything.. The humidity is 99%, temp is steady at 75 , there is adequate sunlight... Nothing has worked! My cakes WON'T pin.. They just keep growing more and more mycelium. It has been 2 weeks now.. I have no idea what I have done wrong or what I'm not doing right.. Any suggestions?
<3
*~Alea~*

coyoteyogi

Expose them to indirect sunlight for 6-8 hours then let them cool down. When you put them back in the fruiting chamber the light shock and temp shock will get them to switch from myc growth to pin growth.

heartx

If you didn't dunk them, it could take 2 weeks to start pinning...

jrfungi

Be patient it could take 30 days

Sporetica

Yea I dunked them. They have "bulby" mycelial growth all over..
But hey, coyote - do I take the cakes and just put them on a lid in the out and open for the sunlight and THEN put them back in the FC? I am a little confused on what you are saying..
<3
*~Alea~*

coyoteyogi

I had a full pint jar that I left by mistake on a window sill for 24 hours. It was in April and the sky was overcast. The jar was covered with two layers of foil and was fully colonized. It pinned and fruited quickly and profusely when I put it in the FC. I covered the sides of the jar with tin foil so it only fruited out the top. What I've read is that you want to expose the cakes to enough light that you could read by it. If you can't carry the FC to natural light try taking a cake or two and putting them in a smaller container (sterile) and put that in a bright room for a day. Experiment. Keep your hands clean. Good luck.

veda_sticks

what are you doing for FAE, which is a very important pinning trigger.

were talking about cubensis are we? if so cubes dont respond to drops in temp, temp drop is not a pinning trigger for cubes, which is a tropical species.