What IS tripping?

Started by crazyd, May 25, 2009, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

I was writing in my journal this am about what exactly IS the experience of tripping.  I personally cannot say.  I have questions and possibilities, but no answers.  I know that some believe that tripping, or possibly a better term for this post is "the use of entheogens," is a spiritual experience that puts one in contact with actual spirits or divinities or "god."  I like Aldous Huxley's view that the use of entheogens operates as a mechanism to open up the "reducing valve" in our brain to allow us to see and experience more than our modern minds have been conditioned to notice.  As for me, all I can say now is that it is an incredibly interesting, and generally enjoyable, experience.  Just wanted to throw this question out there to see what any one else believes the experience of "tripping" actually IS. 

cugak

I would say that you turn more in to your self, it just fells good! Pleasure comes in affect!
share international

shroomzer

Slang. a. an instance or period of being under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug, esp. LSD.
b. the euphoria, illusions, etc., experienced during such a period.
c. any stimulating or exciting experience
d. any intense interest or preoccupation
e. a period of time, experience, or lifestyle trip. 

LOL well I looked it up in the dictionary.com .. this is the 'slang' terms for tripping .. I myself think it is how what you are taking affects YOU .. your state of mind .. for everyone there is a different answer .. it definatly is a psychological affect of the mind and how anyone can give a definate answer as to what 'tripping' is will vary from person to person.       

crazyd

I agree...I imagine that pretty much anyone who has had the experience will have some different take on it, however slightly or vastly different it might be from someone else's take.