Casing Grains

Started by Deadneck, May 21, 2009, 08:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shroomzer

Well Mr. Malabar .. I am quite liking doing cakes.  They yield enough fruits for me with out having an abundance of fruits to store.  I really like reading ADVICE, but please don't TELL us what we should or should not be doing.  I'll be doing cakes forever .. so whats it to you as long as I am yielding fruit to enjoy.  I am not a distributor nor do I even share very often.  So for me its cakes cakes cakes ... although I did try a casing one time, and ended up with too many fruits.

malabar

Shroomzer~~  I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression.  I by No Means, ever tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.  Let God, and your conscience rule your path.  I just felt after reading so many posts on the site for years raving about BRF cakes, as though they were the be all end all, that I might put my 5 cents in.  And it does seem that most are looking for a high yield.  So,....  Whooops there it is,.....
  As for myself, I can do a grain to grain transfer, and have fruits in 18 days.  And, I love an abundance of fruits which I share within my network of friends.  A matter of fact we all do,....  we cultivate various strains, and share during these hot sultry nights here on the beach.  Nothing like Glowin' by firelight at a clam bake at night, or drifting out on the ocean under moonlight.
  As for storage,... There will always be rainy days.  Stick them in a "seal - a - meal, or jar of honey, and you will always be prepared.
  So, if cakes are working for you,.....by all means, go with what you know is good for you.
  Love and Happiness,...  We are all here to share, and enjoy.
      :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

veda_sticks

i wouldnt be to worried about identifying the orange goup which is bacteria. its a contaminant so ditch that.

Make sure that your grains are dry on the outside before loading into the pressure cooker, wet grains will make it hard to seprete them plus it can encourage bacterial growth, usualy wet spot.
Also be sure to sterilise for 90 minutes at 15 psi, ensure your inoculation procedures are steriile and your inoculant is sterile.

For the rez effect i believe you mix grains with and verm 50/50.
pf cakes are a good learning tool, and if there done right you can get some great results, plus you can even spawn to bulk with them.

I do agree that grains though require more steps os much easier when working with larger amunts, for the simple fact you can use quart jars. easier to prepare than lots of 1/ pints. Plus you can shake your grain.

shroomzer

No worries Malabar .... we all do what we do ..  maybe your first sentence of that post threw me off a bit ...