Mushrooms Got SOAKED with Water

Started by PyramidHead1128, May 30, 2009, 08:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PyramidHead1128

Can they still grow correctly and will there be anything wrong with them as soon as they a ready to be dried?
I recently transfered my FC by foot to a different house and was a little careless about it.  The cakes had fallen over and water was splashed onto them.  2 of the 4 cakes had tipped over and soaked in the water for a while.  There is mushrooms growth on the cakes that reaches about 3 inches long.  they just pinned about a couple days ago.
I know  these cakes were basically soaked by the water.
I want to know if its ok for them to grow or if im screwed and need to start over. 
I will post pictures as soon as possible, but until then im just really worried.
Thanks.

psilocybin warrior

They will be fine, after your first flush dunk them in tap water for 4-12 hours. An easy way if you don't have much space is to put them in the orginal jars and fill them with water.  Its actually better for them to retain more water, your fruits will be bigger.

PW

PyramidHead1128

These are what they look like.  All im worried about is the brown stuff on the cake with the four mushrooms growing out of it.  It wasnt there before it got wet with the water.  I hope its nothing bad. 
There in the same conditions they were in before so im also hoping theyll be fine like you say.
I appreciate the response.
Thanks.

Davie K

Will his cakes fill out more than that... or is that going to be his first flush once they age a lil more?

psilocybin warrior

Now that ive seen pics, pick those off and rinse your cakes under a tap then start fruiting again.

PW

PyramidHead1128

Aww. Come on.  All of them.  Will they still keep growing.
Will I get enough mushrooms out of this.

PyramidHead1128

I plucked them all off.  Rinsed them.
They have no more mushroom growth on them.
How long do u think ill have to wait before i see some more growth.
Thanks.

psilocybin warrior

crazyd

veda_sticks

Give your  terrarium a good fanning out to dry any moisture off your musrooms, leaving them wet can cause bacterial blotch.

You also need to increase air exchange anyway, thats why your mushrooms are growing tall and skiny.

psilocybin warrior

Those have already been picked off Veda.

PW

veda_sticks

yes i know, but an explanation to why those were growing that way is helfpull, so to avoid it in the future.

psilocybin warrior

My response was to this

"Give your  terrarium a good fanning out to dry any moisture off your musrooms, leaving them wet can cause bacterial blotch."

PW

Davie K

PyramidHead1128

YES!
They are outstanding.  They look really weird though and 2 of the cakes arent even growing that much.

They are in a new environment of course and its surrounded by a heating blanket that pushes the temperature up to almost 80 degrees because they are in a basement.

I hope everything looks ok.  Let me know.
Thanks.

psilocybin warrior

They look fine, some stems look a little wimpy but thats ok for now. I wouldnt have them at 80', maybe if you just lay them on the heating blanket instead of wrapping them.

PW