Improving ont he pf tek

Started by veda_sticks, May 28, 2009, 04:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veda_sticks

Heres a few things that you can do to your cakes to give them a bost.

1- moisture content.

Since the dunk and roll, moisture content for fruiting isnt an issue, so you dont need a max fruiting formula in cakes anymore. Its been proven many times over that making your pf mix slightly on the dry side will colinise much faster. Faster coplinisation also means less risk for contaminaton.

When i make up a pfmix, i use less than the recipie. and if it needs more i add more till i get it right. Usually with the 2:1:1 mixture if you squeeze your verm a small stream will flow for a second which is fine. But i will use less so that when i scqueese onlyu a couple of drops come out, then i mix my verm in

2. Coffee
In bulk, cffee is added as a nice additive to boost nitrogen content, it will speed colinisatoin. With cakes you can hydrate  your verm with half strentgh coffee water for a nice boost.

3. Gypsum
Gypsum is most comenly found as an additive to grain jars and it bulk substartes. But it can also be used to boost the pf tek also. Gypsum provides calcium and sulfur, both benificial in growth and fruit body development. A small pinch per cake is more than enough.

With these small changes, you can increase yourperformance. with a good cake mix you should see full colinisation in 2-3 weeks, though most usually just over 2 weeks.

dan

your verm with half strentgh coffee water for a nice boost.

not coffee grounds but diluted coffee?  I'm on track to make a new batch of sub maybe this weekend, I'll give it a shot. 

dub504

Could you use hydrated horticultural lime in place of gypsum in the PF Tek?

veda_sticks

No, lime is for PH balancing casing layers to ward of contamination. Gypsum doesnt PH balance, gypsum provides calclium and sulfer, both benificial to fruit body growth and development. So its not interchangable.

Yes, not used coffee grounds, but half strength drinking coffee.

Baphom3t

Gypsum is a waste of money.
Coffee is meant to be drank.
Lime is a un needed additive that costs one more cash.
You can get good yeilds without all this shit being talked about in this pointless thread.

Baph

shroomzer

Great points Baph ... glad someone else can see that also.  A lot of unnecessary things that you could save money on.  Well coffee is a necessity .. but only to drink in the morning!!

dub504

I work in the horticulture field so I've got this crap laying around anyways... Gypsum costs about $2.00 retail. Whatever floats your boat.

psilocybin warrior

lol...When I wan't my jars to colonize faster I usually throw in a little meth/ cocaine/ or crackrocks, coffee is weaksauce.

PW

coyoteyogi

:mellow: The best way to get your jars to colonize faster is to ignore them. Easier said than done for this newbie. Now I only check them twice a day. ECs and TAS almost fully done.

veda_sticks

well i certianly didnt say you have to use it.

If your not interested or dont have anything usefull to say, dont post.

Coffee IME and many others who also use it with grain notice an increase in colinisation speed. and if you want to move onto scleritia producing species it will seriously reduce the time it takes for sclerotia to appear, often down to 6 weeks.

gypsum has its benfits and it wouldnt be used if it didnt. Its used in bulk, also in grain so why not the pf tek.

Its certainly not pointless.

Theres more to cultivation than just getting yourself some shrooms to get fucked up, ive been there and past that, been 2 yeras since i dosed.

eeh

Are you using just the coffewater or do you mix regular water with coffeewater?

shroomzer

"""Theres more to cultivation than just getting yourself some shrooms to get fucked up"""

Well now that depends.  I cultivate to get fucked up.   Now I am looking at other options such as the ones for health reasons too.  But right now, it's my time to have fun, and i'mma gonna have it.