Flow Hood

Started by dawiz, February 15, 2005, 09:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawiz

I'm interested in making a home version of a flood hood for obvisous reasons. I would greatly appreciate any pointers anyone may have. I've purchased a squirrel blower that displaces about 1000 cfm it has a 120v power supply and pushes 1.4 hourse power. 1. How big of a box should I make for it? 2. How big of a HEPA filter should I also buy. Other then making it air tight, is there any other details or suggestions you might have. I'll be working in a room that is about 12 ft. x 12 ft. I do plan on using a medical dust mask and air sanitizer spray and rubber gloves ontop of everything else. 3. Do you think this is enough to keep it as clean as possible. 4. When is the most opportune time during the whole method of inoculation / what ever for germs to really be a problem. 5. Do you recomend using polyfil for the jars to help speed up the process, or not. IF so how would I keep it from getting saturated from moisture within the pressure cooker. 6. Buying  Substrates premade from manufactures, good Idea or bad? 7. Can you suggest a mushroom strain that would be a good one for a beginer that has an above average potency ( I dont like to have my mind controled but I love a good body buzz and visuals ). 9. How do you store and keep spore syringes to be used at a later date? 10. Any blue prints or pictures on hand that I can use as a refrence to make my flow hood

anno

>I've purchased a squirrel blower that displaces about 1000 cfm it has a 120v power
>supply and pushes 1.4 hourse power.

Do you have a diagram of it? 1.4 hp sounds like very much

>1. How big of a box should I make for it? 2. How big of a HEPA filter should I also buy.

I would need the data above for it.

>Other then making it air tight, is there any other details or suggestions you might
>have. I'll be working in a room that is about 12 ft. x 12 ft. I do plan on using a
>medical dust mask and air sanitizer spray and rubber gloves ontop of everything
else.

Check http://www.fungifun.org/flowhood

> 4. When is the most opportune time during the whole method of inoculation / what ever for germs to really be a problem.

During the transfers.

>5. Do you recomend using polyfil for the jars to help speed up the process, or not.

Yes.

>IF so how would I keep it from getting saturated from moisture within the pressure cooker.

This is not a problem, it does not happen.

>6. Buying Substrates premade from manufactures, good Idea or bad?

If you have lots of money and little time, a good idea.

>7. Can you suggest a mushroom strain that would be a good one for a beginer that
>has an above average potency ( I dont like to have my mind controled but I love a
>good body buzz and visuals ).

There isn't one. If there was, then everybody would be growing that one strain. And this does not happen.

>9. How do you store and keep spore syringes to be used at a later date?

In the fridge.

>10. Any blue prints or pictures on hand that I can use as a refrence to make my flow hood

http://www.fungifun.org/flowhood