What is a good strain for a first timer?

Started by dub504, May 29, 2009, 12:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

There are so many to choose from... I'm going the pf tek route w/ brown rice flour and vermiculite. Looking for something that has great visuals, easy on the body, and easy to grow...
Thanks

psilocybin warrior

Cubes are pretty much Cubes go here www.ralphstersspores.com and find a strain(s) you like. (They have strain descriptions)

PW

Deadneck

I did Cambodians for my first time and was not disappointed. Fast colonizer, large fruits, great trip.

To each his own though. Every cube effects everyone differently.

heartx

B+ is the one I did first, and it'S pretty easy to grow.

dub504

Yeah, I was thinking the B+ or it I can find it: the Panaeolus Cyanescen-Jamaican Strain. Those Rastafarians make some great music and some of it's just a little far out to only be influenced the herb.

shroomzer

I like the Plantasia's.   There are supposed to be a more 'mellow' strain .. but they fucked me up pretty damn good.  But then again I don't need to eat my whole stash to get the trip I want~!!!

fattrout

fattrout

dub504

I'm starting to see that... ^_^ I didn't know if some were more contam resistant. Just wanting to be successful my first time to the rodeo!

eckzachlee

First time here so , whats up everyone

well shit i thought growing shroomz would be as simple as flipping a cow patty
not as easy.
i grow bud organically and hydroponicallyy and this seeems to be way
way
way more confusing
or maybe its that i havent searched enough threads?
ive picked a strain its cambodian which was mentioned earlier
my headshop sells a mycology like complete set?
buts its 120.00 bucks and is there a easier way?
i went to earthstongue and saw they had jars but i wanna grow it like is the soil or w/e
excuse me for being a little ingorant but i guess thats why theres threads to help right?

shroomzer

ECK yep right, reasearch this forum - there are tons of topics on what you want and need .. and if your lucky somebody who feels like doing a lot of typing and explaining will do it for you.  I have enough trouble keepin' up with all the shit that goes on here withouth typing a whole freakin' tek you can read yourself.  But like I said, some nice guy will come along ....... (maybe)

psilocybin warrior

Learn to prepare your own spawn/subs because you could probably make the equivalent of their $120.00 kit for 20-30$. Follow the teks here www.fungifun.org & www.shroomery.org and start with the PF-Tek,  I only did one round for the pf-tek then moved on to grains. If you grow headie organic and hydro..... mushrooms should not be a problem & if they are your just full of cow patties.

PW

malabar

My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Fun Guy

B+ are def the hardiest growers and easy for first time.  they are like training wheels.  fun to ride but not really the real thing.  order more than one strain, start with the b+_ but have something backing it up soon so u can really trip.  b+ are more of a body buzz imo.  great for sexy time though. lol.