Wild mushrooms in NEW YORK?

Started by Davie K, June 01, 2009, 03:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

I've looked up an shroomery has a list of the psilocbin strains that grow wild, but has anyone tried hunting for them, or actually crossing your fingers while you swallow?

coyoteyogi

I always cross my fingers when I swallow.

malabar

Hey Dave,
  I actually did find a few of the Pan. genre in upstate New York, in the New Paltz, High Falls area when I was living there.  But the search is pretty much a futile event, and if you stubble upon anything goo it is far and few between. 
  But, having a shorter, and abrupt growing season outdoors, you have an excellent environment for doing outdoors spawning, and the results are incredible.
   If you want to find wild,...do as I did, move to Florida.  lol  I love to cultivate, indoors and out, but there is rarely a weekend that we go out to the lakes, or camping that we don't spot fields of Cubes in most of the pastures, and dairy farms down here.  The state tried to introduce anti-fuguscides, but the farmers rarely use them, and with all of the Go Green  activities, we are in the land of milk and honey!  The little guys arre everywhere.  Even been spotted growing in the lawn of the courthouse, and police station!  And they are Monster sized!
  But, keep an eye out, and have them check before you dose,.or you may be checking out Bigtime!
   Later   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

nomoredroughts

buy the audubon society north american mushroom field guide. i think i paid 20 for mine. very helpful book
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

Davie K

im about 2 hrs from new paltz, a sister of mine lives outside of woodstock.  Finding some cubes if Florida makes me start thinking about a road trip, a buddy, my girl an i sent it to cali last year, 500$ in gas one way,.. made it there without enough money to get home, tho i made the cash at a slightly stupid concert off, after making chocolates off a stash from a buddy living in lake tahoe (who we staid with for a good portion on a week).  tho gas prices have dropped an i bought a 4 cyl (opposed 2 the six, we ran it w/)  when are they inseason down there?

psilocybin warrior

I only eat wild's if theyve been identified by someone I trust, if you have to cross your fingers I would not reccommend eating them!

PW

malabar

Hey Dave,
  You were asking when the little guys were in season.  Being that it only gets cold where I am in N. Florida for about a month at the most,.... they are Always in season.  That in combination with the daily showers, and consistent temperatures, you can find them in abundance All Year!. 
  Just as an example,.  I toss all of my old rice cakes out into my veggie garden. And did a mass burial about 3 weeks ago.  After the 3 days of rain we had a little over a week ago, the little buggers are strangling and outgrowing the vegetable plants I had seeded.  This morning along, I brought in well over a QP!  Heading down to Daytona to give them to a friend, for his rave party this weekend.
  So, if you plan on making the trip, get back with me,.....I map you out, or take you on the Grand Tour!  Nothing like doing Universal Studios with your Mind Wide Open!!
  Later,.....
      :mellow:

Davie K

like a treasure map? lol, that would be outstanding.  probably goin 2 wait till i can get a week off work or 2,  save up some cash.  But im one 2 jump in an drive..

Davie K

malabar

Deadneck

I'm in N. Florida too. Let me know if you're forming a hunting party, I have a killer eye for cubes.

Peace,
DN

malabar

Deadneck, check your mail.   :mellow:

Davie K

deadneck, how long you stayin down there?...  Tha'd be great to go hunting..

Deadneck

Well, I pretty much live here, so I'll be here a while. Grew up in NSB (if you know, you know) I've been up here for 7 years. Have many years hunting in the wild. I'm down for any type of excursion.

Peace,
Deadneck

Davie K

Thats what the contaminated cake produced.. my first harvest ever...  I know guys, your all jelouse.. but its ok, not every can get shrooms to go SO BIG...

Davie K

Idk why i posted that in there... i ment to post it in the Mini Chamber thread where i had a pic off the contaminated cake.   Oppsie doopie

psilocybin warrior

I dunno if I would eat those. The stems look a little brown/green.

PW

Davie K

So i ate thoes last night...  didnt have any tea so i made coffee an crushed them up.  good o'l smile from ear 2 ear. no stomic problems, damn near broke my thumb playing a drum my girl got me.  found a nice spot on a hill an let the beat roll...  let the beat roll a little 2 hard seeing as my thumb hurts all the way 2 my wrist.  Good times

psilocybin warrior

Awsome! Iiiiii dont wanna work, I just wanna bang on my drum all day

PW