fc

Started by fungiguy, June 26, 2009, 12:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

just set up two fc's for the first time. i used pearlite. how long should it take the rh to reach 99%?? i have a bunch of wholes drilled through the sides and lid. should i tape up some of the wholes?

psilocybin warrior

Id give it the better part of the day, tape up holes if you cannot reach +95%. Can you post a pic?

PW

fungiguy

i'll see if i can figure out the picture thing tomorrow. i taped some holes and within an hour i seen a change in rh. thanks!! off the subject, i found a nursery that has rye seed, but it is mixed with bluegrass seed. is this ok to use??

coyoteyogi

Don't know about that particular mix of seeds, but if you can only go with a mix then I would opt for a Wild Bird Seed (WBS) approach. Do a search on this site for specifics.

fungiguy

thanks coyote. i am thinking about trying popcorn. only because i already have a huge bag. have you ever innoc. popcorn?? if so, do you have any advice?

fattrout

hey fungiguy, i have been working with popcorn now for about 2 month. and it seems to be working great. at 1st it was a little slow but now its kickin ass. as for inoculation its easy. just do the polyfil tek on this site. i use 2cc for one pint.
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Polyfil
right now i have two casings goin, the 1st flush was slow to get started but now they keep flushing and each flush is bigger than the last. check out my tread in cultivation>grain question.
i have use both white and yellow. the only difference is the white seems to colonize faster..
fattrout

fattrout

BTW, if you are goin to try popcorn read this tek to get started make adjustment as needed.
http://www.shroomery.org/9035/Popcorn-Tek-w-pics
fattrout

fungiguy

thanks fattrout. what r u casing the popcorn with??

fungiguy

hay fattrout, have u used a jar of pop.(colonized of course) to innoc. more jars?? bulk sub.

psilocybin warrior

I dont know if he has but, I know it can be done with proper sterility just like any other grain -2- grain transfer.

PW

fattrout

#1, i have been using a 60/40 peat/verm.. but im goin to try coir next.
#2, yes i have done a grain -2- grain transfer with the popcorn so far so good...
fattrout

fungiguy

thanks again fattrout!!! i soaked some popcorn for 24 hours. today i'm gonna prep for innoculation.

fattrout

good luck, im sure you'll do fine.
fattrout

fattrout

here, check this out. went camping (RVing) for 2 day. came home to this...

this is the 4th flush on popcorn..
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  And who says coming home to company is always a bad thing!?!  Those guest look delectable! 
  Nice. 
      :ph34r: 
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!