Fruiting temperature

Started by mistag, June 08, 2009, 05:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistag

Hi, first time grower here and am worried about my cakes. Fully colonized and have been in the fruiting chamber (a clear plastic box with holes and perlite in the bottom) for a whole week now, the cakes have developed a kind of white fur round the outside (which I assume to be normal) but have not begun to pin. I read on a different site that the temperature MUST be between 75 and 80 degrees for them to pin, yet the room temperature where I am is around 70- 72 (as it is summer). The strand is Thai, might I add. Will they grow with the temperature as it is?? If not does anyone know how I can make them warm enough to grow, because I can't think of any way to warm the surrounding air up effectively. Any help would be appreciated!

fattrout

the white fur is normal. but pics would help. i think temp is ok. i have had cakes fruit in temps as low as 68.. just give them more time.
fattrout

heartx

like he said, 70-72 should be okay. Did you dunk your cake before putting them in the FC?

mistag

Yeh dunked em an put em in the fridge for 24 hours. Just sat in the corner of my room at the moment. Would post a photo but lost the camera lead.  Thanks a lot for the help guys

cugak

You can put aquarium water heater in a glass of water and put inside your fc
share international

Davie K

my chambers very w/ a poorly insulated camp temp.  up to 78 in the day an down to 67-68 on cold New York nights, so far pinning took place in under 1 1/2 weeks.  so far

heartx

you don't need to put them in the fridge.

malabar

Davie,
  As far as the cubes are concerned,......  Forget the fridge!  I have seen they will fruit in just about ANY environment, as long as they get their FAE, and moisture and don't exceed 90 degrees.  They grow quick at higher temps, but at the lower temps they grow to be More Potent indoors anyway.
   :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!