Casing PF Tek Cakes...

Started by dub504, June 21, 2009, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

So, I can case the PF Cakes in just plain old sterilized verm?

I was thinking that I might try to find some baking trays that could hold two cakes and case them in verm.

Would I still dunk the cakes before casing?

Is it better to crumble the cakes or slice them etc.?

What are the benefits of different casing mixes?

psilocybin warrior

So, I can case the PF Cakes in just plain old sterilized verm?> Doesn't have to be(atleast I never had to).

Would I still dunk the cakes before casing?> If you really want to.

Is it better to crumble the cakes or slice them etc.?> IMO, crumble.

What are the benefits of different casing mixes? > Search for yourself, their are pages of material on the subject.

PW

coyoteyogi

Hey Dub, if this is your first grow I'd recommend just cakes. Dunk and roll in verm and attend to the details of a secure FC. Keep it simple in the beginning so that you'll have success. :ph34r:

dub504

O.k., I.m gonna dunk and roll my first cakes and on the slower ones I'm gonna try casing w/the 50/50 plus Tek! Oyster Shells are pretty easy to get along the Gulf Coast. Pretty sure my math is right... I have to cut the recipe down pretty far. Feelin' lucky! :mellow: My girlfriend doesn't know what she's in for...

dub504

By the way, I've got a couple of Q's on casings:
I thought casings were supposed to be non nutritive. (Shroomery's description)
The Verm holds moisture and creates airspace.
The Peat Moss holds moisture. Is Peat Moss a nutrient to the mycelia?
The lime affects acidity.
The crushed oyster shells also affect acidity (calcium) and probablycreate space for the mycelium to "network".

I'm only asking this stuff because I have a genuine interest in how this all works... I love to hear opinions though. Where's Veda? :rolleyes: