weight loss

Started by Davie K, June 12, 2009, 05:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

just picked 3 an 1/2cakes, they weigh 50 grams wet.  how much weight do you lose when drying... 1/2, 2/3? 3/4?

fattrout

you will lose about 85%
fattrout

coyoteyogi

:rolleyes: It's not really weight loss. It is water loss. First you fatten 'em up and then you dry them out.

psilocybin warrior

Mushrooms are OVER 90% water, dont be suprised if its less than u thought.

PW

MT

When I dry my fruits completely with a humidifier I only end up with about one tenth of the original weight after they are dry. Example: ten grams wet = one gram dry.

dub504

Its probably easier to dry with a dehydrator than a humidifier! Not that I would use one, too much heat...

MT

Yea, that would be my dumb ass mistake. I did mean "dehydrator". Too many thoughts going around my head at one time. My dehydrator only reaches a maximum temp of about 110 Deg F. Which, from my understanding, is way below the threshold for thermal damage to the fruit. Also If you don't dry them out completely they do not store well.

Davie K

well i ate 2 grams last night an had a fabulouse body buzz, so 2day i chopped everything in half, length-wise an put them on my dry box... i took a cardboard box and cut a hole the size of a small fan i had, set that 2gether an stappeld some extra screen i had across the top.. then any area uncovered by the mushrooms i used some shirts 2 cover so all the air flow into the box would draw past the fungis.  i let them dry like that for the day, lost about 2 thirds the weight, then i made 16 chocolates with 2.7 in each one. at 15$  They Sold out between 2 parties, where i made my appearance. (1 hr after work)  told everyone the weight an that they we're not completely dry.  No one's called up complaining yet. They demands high but they supplies dry.  Hope they enjoy themselves.  Cuz Im goin 2bed

coyoteyogi

Hey DK what is your recipe for making chocolates?

shroomzer

So yeah MT dehydrator sounds better, I only use mine at 95 degrees.  Works well and dries my fruits out nicely.

Davie K

i haven't much a recipe, i bought a few nice molds... 2 by 2 inch frogs, lady bugs, bubble bee's, and Sun flowers.  then i double boil, to melt down the chocolate. just coat the bottom of the mold, set that in the freezer for 5 minutes then load in the weight, slap a hunk of more melted chocolate on top, an drop from 3-5 inches a few times, so the chocolate with sink in and level out.  then back in the freezer for 5 minutes..  i use the little ketchup cups you'd get at any MC Donald's and zero out the scale w. one of those... so all my little cups have the same weight in them, and its just dump in poor.  its the best way not 2 lose any mush when cleaning the chocolate supplies

Are there recipes that can increase potency, maybe a