Tripping music

Started by crazyd, June 12, 2009, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

I know this topic has been discussed over and over, but I find it very interesting.  For me, Pink Floyd and The Beatles just cannot be topped.  Seriously.  They just nail it.  I've just listened to the albums "Wish You Were Here" (Floyd) and "Abbey Road" (The Beatles), and they are just perfect.  Just perfect. I would love to hear others' opinions on this...any other contenders?  Maybe some newer bands that I don't know of (or older for that matter)?  I'm 32 and some of the other bands I've heard mentioned are unknown to me.

Davie K

Morphine,  Cure for pain.  Sick sax.  First time i ever heard the albume i was dosed out driving on the thruway with the top down in my old convertable.  all i wanted 2 do was pull over, crank the music an watch the sky.  But i couldnt, i was on the thruway

cugak

All my friends are dead!
share international

shroomzer

Wow, you guys still listen to 'albums', thats awesome!  You have computer technology and still use those big black vinyl albums. 
Groovy.

dub504

Vinyl Rocks... Any reggae fans? Culture, Gregory Issacs, The Gladiators, Augustus Pablo, Israel Vibration...

Deadneck

QuoteAny reggae fans?
Big reggae fan! Steel Pulse, Michael Fanti, Groundation, Toots, Barrington Levy.

Some of my new favorites include: Gnarls Barkley, Ghostland Observatory, John Brown's Body, Rebelution, Expendables, always a fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, etc, etc

crazyd

Okay Davie K.  I ordered the CD you recommended.  Hope I like it!

dub504

Easy Dub All Stars just did a remake of the Beatles' Sargent Peppers Lonely Harts Club Band album... It's a pretty cool interpretation of it.

psilocybin warrior

I saw them play that at summercamp......it was great. Do you listen to Scientist?

PW

dub504

Yeah, I'll listen to Scientist from time to time. I'm not a huge dub fan, but they are probably better at it than most... Anybody listen to Tortoise? (out of Chicago) I saw a trumpet player that plays with them at The Saturn Bar in N.O.. They were pretty trippy. (free jazz)

Davie K

The Saddest song...   Should have posted it with the last 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJH4hXWuV_I

Davie K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEYKrFJgRo

One more, Buena

Ever sence i've met the devil, i aint been the same, Ohh no