Mushrooms Drying look WEIRD (pics)

Started by PyramidHead1128, June 21, 2009, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PyramidHead1128

Ive been drying my mushrooms out for a couple days now and they seem like there almost ready.  The only thing is they just dont seem to look right.

They are a Golden Teachers type strain and they just seem old and dying looking.
I figured they almost look black, because before i took them out of the FC, a lot of spores had fallen onto them and i didnt bother drying to wipe them off.

Another question i have is this little growth on one of my stems.  Im not sure what it really is but its stuck on there.  I could get it off if i wanted to but im not sure what it is.
Im really confused and all i wanna know is if these mushrooms are good to eat.
Thanks.

coyoteyogi

:mellow: They look good to eat to me. Get your proper set and setting arranged and eat 3-4 grams of those puppies. :wacko: Then write a report on your experience. Enjoy. -_-

psilocybin warrior

It looks like an old abort, pick it off n toss it.

PW

fattrout

yeah pick off that abort, and put those suckers on a salad.
fattrout

malabar

In the top two photos, the caps look a little funky, but if you lay them down,......and turn your head,....I'll show you a magic trick!    Poof!    Where did they go?!?  lol
  Happy trails,..... PyramidHead.
     :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Davie K

why pick the abort off?  Is it harmful? I've been eating them aswell

shroomzer

fattrout

fattrout

psilocybin warrior

It looks like a dead turd, and aborts that have began to rot (black) can be harmful.

PW

PyramidHead1128

Thanks.
Im just worried about the first two pics, along with like 3 others, they were the only ones that dropped spores in the FC.  They just seem weird to me.
Oh well, ill be trying them this weekend, so ill give a little story how it went.