Extending a mushroom trip

Started by crazyd, June 21, 2009, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

Hey all.  My past few trips involved 3 grams.  Both kicked in pretty strong right at about 45 minutes after ingestion, lasted about 3 hours, and then stopped.  I've read that you can take an MAO inhibitor to increase the trip, but I can't take these b/c of some meds I'm on.  Also, it seems that if you just take another dose when you are coming down, you are just wasting the second dose because it is not going to have nearly the effect of the first.  Any suggestions if I want to try to extend the trip to a good 5 or 6 hours?  Should I just take more shrooms or will it just be more intense for the same 3 hours?

Thanks!

psilocybin warrior

you could try taking them periodically, like one gram every half hour is about the only thing I can reccommend if you are unable to take an MAOi.

PW

malabar

Crazyd,
  What meds are you taking.  My daughter is an RN, and may have some good news for you,..or bad. 
  PW,  has the best handy idea, though I would take a bit more,..like in the neighborhood of at least 2 gm when you feel the onset, and at least a gm more every half hour.   But, of course your body will only absorb so much, and access Will be denied at some point!   lol   
  Such is the reason that there have never "true" overdoses on shrooms.  You are only increasing the chemicals that are already part of your makeup, and trust me being a natural substance, your body knows what to do.  Verses, ingesting synthetic chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
  You just have to believe,....
        :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

You could try casing your 3-5 grams in chocolate. Eat very lightly if at all 8 hours before ingesting.
Be in a place that is very comfortable with no agenda, no needs and no deadlines. The trip will become more subtle but still present. It's not easy but wear a blindfold. Sayonara.... :wub:

fungiguy

hay everybody!!!
   what is a MAO inhibitor? and coyote---what is with the blindfold??

coyoteyogi

By limiting the visual field, the interior hallucinations generated by the mushrooms become more noticeable. That is why the late great Terrance McKenna recommended doing 5 grams in silent darkness as the best method for an intense experience. I'll be giving that a try later this summer.

psilocybin warrior

Fuck a blind fold, get a mind fold or a dream machine w/ brainwave generator. I dont fuck around nerds!(don't even dare ask me what they are, use google.)

PW

malabar

I'm with you, PW.  All of that Hyper Beric Chambers,...Blindfolds, Brain Generators,.....  Sounds like a preparation for ritualistic sex, of a government experiment gone bad.
  And I would hope if they fuck around and Google that bull, and suddenly find the Men in Black coming to cart them off, well that will be just one or two less nerds, or spies to be concerned with!  lol
      :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fungiguy

i've just never heard of using a blind fold. i've seen the video of t.mckenna talking about 5 grams in solitude. has anyone ever done that?? it sounds kinda intense.

crazyd

MAOI stands for Monoamine oxidase inhibitor, and I don't know any chemistry, but they are supposed to intensify a trip.  I can't take them because they can be very dangerous if you are on an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Lexapro (which I take).