casing, 1st flush

Started by fungiguy, June 22, 2009, 02:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

does anything have to be done to a casing after the 1st flush? how long in between flushes??

k12357

I Spray mine with water.  a very healthy misting, couple of times sometimes if it looks like they need it.  a week or longer from harvest to pinning again.  depends on genetics and environment.
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

fattrout

i also patch any holes with new casing mix. a very thin layer. then mist..
fattrout

coyoteyogi

Same as above but I mist with a mix of H2O2 and H2O 1:9.

dan

So you shouldn't dunk after the 1st flush? I'm on my 1st casing and I have some really nice sized fruits thanks to some advise from PW.  I'm not sure which way to go?  will dunking f them up? 

coyoteyogi

:huh: My understanding is that dunking is to re-hydrate the cakes. If you have been consistently misting and fanning which keeps the relative humidity (RH) at or near 100% then the cakes do not need to be re-hydrated. The dunking won't hurt them necessarily but you are introducing new vectors for contaminations. Hope this makes sense.

psilocybin warrior

If YOU want to dunk your casing that's fine, a very easy way is to just fill the casing up with water and let it sit for a few hours. Then wrap saran wrap over the top with a slit in one of the ends, tip it to let the water drain out. OR you could just give it a couple really good mists's.

PW