FINALLY!!!!

Started by crazyd, July 02, 2009, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyd

I started trying to grow with the PF tek back in January and I FINALLY have some fruit to show for all my time, money, and effort!  Please see attached pics of B+ and Texas strains.  I am still a total newbie, but for those who are just starting out, here are some errors I made:

1.  Buy your spores from a vendor recommended on this site.  My first spore syringes were not quality samples.  My second order was placed with Ralphsters and it made a world of difference.

2.  When innoculating your jars, make sure you stick the needle far enough into the jar that the tip is past the dry vermiculite top layer.  I'm pretty sure that I didn't do this on a few of my first jars and ended up shooting the spore solution directly into the dry vermiculite, where it could do nothing.

3.  It IS possible for your fruiting chamber to be TOO damp and have TOO much water in it.  I'm quite sure that my first attemps were marred by having too much condensation in the chamber and on the cakes themselves, which I think stunted their growth and possibly "drowned" them. 

4.  Patience IS a virtue.

Thanks to all the guys on this site who helped me finally get a good grow!!!!

Azurascender

Wow, those are some gorgeous mushrooms  ^_^  Good work.
Chloroform and a dish towel, yeah that will keep them quiet....

malabar

Crazyd,.....
      Congrats and Kudos on your first set of fruits.    -_-
  I am sure you will remember all of those little errors, that you have learned from, and truly Excellent that passed that info along for others to avoid! 
  Perfect timing as well!    :mellow:  You can set your space, and enjoy the holiday with you Perfect "little" friends! 
  I am sure the next flush, and future crops will be BOOMERS!
    ~Malabar   
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

crazyd, hip hip hooray. i knew you could do it!!!
now i can't wait to hear your trip report. keep up the good work.
fattrout

shroomzer

b-e-a-Utiful crazyd ... celebrate the 4th in a big way~!! 

MT

Nice flush! Looks like a fun fourth is in your future. Be careful playing with fire.

coyoteyogi

:wub: Great job. Let em dry. Grind em up and add to some swiss Miss Chocolate. Bon Voyage...

Deadneck

Being successful feels so good after failing. Way to stick to it and now it's time to reap the benefits. Congrats

heartx

Nicely done and don't eat them all at once.=P

fungiguy

WOW!! they look good enough to eat. my cakes just started to pin. this is my first grow. patience really is a virtue. congrats!!!