Trich or treat

Started by coyoteyogi, July 06, 2009, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyoteyogi

So I had a tub of horse poo/coir/straw that I was colonizing with 3 jars of BRC. Tasmanians and Ecuadorians (two different tubs). Both got trich and I took them away from everything. One I gave up on and took outside. It was supposed to be warm and humid so I just put it in some deep grass. Came back before going away for a few days and there were 4 slugs crawling all over it and they were eating the trich and leaving the healthy rhizo alone. When I got back all the trich is gone. Not sure what to do next. I gave it a drink. Photos not available as Best Buy still has my camera for "repair".
  Anyone else experience this? -_-

malabar

Well my friend, you have entered the Nature Zone,...  lol  I grow outdoors quite a bit, as well as recycle all of my spent rice and grains.  I haven't had too much contaminant problems but often see the snails, slugs, and earthworms doing their thing in the garden. 
  Typically, they will eat bacterias, and mites.  Perhaps even take care of those pesky gnats that would get into your beds out there, so let Mother Nature run with it.  For the most part, most of those unwanted molds and such don't do well, or survive because of the UV rays from the sun.
  It's Nature Way,.....
   Take care of that spot, keep your eyes open, and you will probably get a treat in a few weeks! 
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

Thanks Malabar. The outdoor season here in Maine is a bit short.

malabar

Coyoteyogi,
   Though your season seems short to you, with the cool evenings and your Indian Summers you could possibly see fruits well up to late October.  When I lived in upstate NY, I would catch fruits popping up right up to Thanksgiving if the ground didn't freeze first.
  It's a lot different here in Florida since we rarely get those "hard freezes".  Shrooms are the one thing besides pumpkins that are out almost all year.  It's the summers that are flaky.  Like now,....it's been over 100 degrees for a month, and we got our first showers, (lasted about 45 minutes) for over 28 days!  Most of my outdoor gardens have dried up while I was away on tour.
  Enjoy.
    ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!