Shaking a G2G Jar

Started by Deadneck, July 09, 2009, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadneck

I read something on Shroomery about not shaking a G2G jar 5 days after the transfer b/c the myc suffered enough destabilization while going through the transfer. I can't remember the details and don't feel like searching again. Anyone have any info on this.

Thanks,
Dead

malabar

Deadneck,
  You remember pretty much correct.  Since you had to "shake" the grains to break them up for the G2G, you have already introduced a shock to the growth system, and in combination of growing into the new grains, or substrate you really want to allow recovery time, and to give the new growth an opportunity to get a good foothold. 
  I rely on G2G heavily, and always wait at Least 4 days.  At that point you will see significant growth as you are so much ahead of the LC, or Agar game.  Under proper conditions, a pint can fully colonize in about a week.
  What strain are you working with?  And what grain?  I have about 35 pts, and 25 1/2 pts of B+, Taz, and GT in various stages from transfers last night to 100%. 
  Perhaps a trade?  Call you later.
    ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Deadneck

Cool Man,

I have about 6 1/2 Qts (kinda on the small side of the scale) of Cambodians going with popcorn right now all transfered from 1 pt of colonized popcorn 6 days ago. They are looking good, but didn't want to stall them again by shaking them. Probably going to do a monotub when they colonize 100%, I would definitely be down for an exchange. I can't wait for more fruits.

Hit me up,
DN

malabar

Deadneck,
      Cool enough,.......  You're on the right path "Grasshopper".  lol  Let them be for another day or so.  Being that they are G2G, you have kind of a head start, although, since they are Qts, you know there are going to be a couple of extra weeks beyond your pint time.
  Shake them tomorrow, or Saturday.  When they get going, you know they will be ballin'!
   Jingle you after I finish working on this design.  The software is dragging a bit.
   Later,
     Malabar    :mellow:

Deadneck

Guess I should have been a little specific on the amounts, my bad, I have 6 pint jars, and 12 half pint jars colonizing from the G2G. Adding up to a grand total of 6 Qts. They are looking really good, I'm stoked on the G2G right now. It's all it's cracked up to be. I'll be around.

Later,
Deadneck

malabar

Deadneck,
  I got it.  I forgot that you have a small pc.  You really need to look at that Whole Earth catalog, so you can upgrade to Qt container to make that bulk move happen for you.
  With the sizes you are working with, I'm guessing 100% in no more than 12 - 14 days.  But since I have not gone with the popcorn crowd I really can't nail the time frame.  I am still using Brn Rice, Millet, Oatmeal or Rye Grain.  G2G in a pint is generally 100% in 5 - 8 days,.. a quart perhaps 12, but no more than 15. 
  Well, let me help the little woman, and shut down my projects.  Ring you in a few.
  ~Malabar   :mellow: