Corn for Pans?

Started by dub504, July 09, 2009, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Has anyone out there used popcorn to get Pan. Cyanescens started?

psilocybin warrior

dub504

Thanks, been checking it out on shroomery.

g fung

I just did. Didn't think to check. Ill let you know how I make out.

g fung

I see some nice healthy myc growing. so far so good. why exactly is corn not supposed to work?

g fung

I just sterilized two big bags of rye grass seed (not berries) to see what happens with cubes and cyans

dub504

Yeah, keep me updated. Post pics some time.

psilocybin warrior

why exactly is corn not supposed to work?

>where did you read that?

PW

dub504

Maybe g fung thought your answer to my Q was stating that you couldn't use it as compared to you not having used it. By the way PW, I'm really liking WBS. It blows me away how fast it is. Do you ever use just straight millet?

g fung

yeah, dub got it right. that was the misunderstanding.

psilocybin warrior

Ive thought about it, I havn't found anywhere I can buy strait millet. But once I sift all the bs out of my WBS (the floaties), its mainly millet with some cracked corn. I love WBS.

PW

dub504

I've noticed that too... White Millet, Red Millet and Cracked Corn. Learning the water content of WBS has been a little challenging. I usually have to drain it longer than the teks say.

g fung

I love popcorn because of its all around ease of use. Its cheap and easily procured without too much suspicion from the local garden store that already has me marked down as a sketch-ball. Its relatively clean to begin with. It doesn't make a mess by spreading everywhere and sticking to everything like millet. Then when it comes time to mix with the bulk substrate it breaks up very well into single kernels.
Im not sure that any claims that the corn is quick are correct though.