dunking cakes

Started by fungiguy, July 10, 2009, 05:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

i just picked all the shrooms off my cakes. i know they are going to sit for a while and do nothing. should i dunk them again? if so, how long?? and should i roll them in dry verm again?

coyoteyogi

Dunk for 12 hours (not longer than 24) and roll again. Most of the verm will come off when you dunk. It's there to hold moisture for the cake to draw from. Post some pics of your harvest. :mellow:

fungiguy

ok this is my 1st try to post some pics. this is my 1st grow.b+ and golden teachers.

shroomzer

HOLY SHIT~!  Awesome~! Good job dude!!!! =)

fungiguy

thanks!! not too bad for a first timer. i have a couple more flushes coming my way from 9 cakes. in the mean time, i have 6 jars (1/2 pts.) verm/brf knocked up with taz. also trying popcorn tek out---4 pint jars knocked up with cambodian. gonna case 3 and G2G the fourth.                                                 

malabar

Fungiguy,
      Excellent work!    Definitely do that G2G, and Keep those dreams coming,....
  :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fungiguy

thanks malabar!! i really enjoyed the entire process of growing my own mushies. it is a life-changing experience. thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way!! this "hobby" is rewarding on so many levels.

Deadneck

Very nice, congrats. Keep it up!

dub504

Wow! How long did it take for those to fruit?

psilocybin warrior

MT

Great job! That looks like a really good flush.

coyoteyogi

Wow. <tip of the hat>  :mellow:

fungiguy

hay dub, the whole process took no longer than 30 days. once i got the cakes into the fc they sat for a few days. than the pins started. i went to a friends house over-nite. when i got home the next morning, BAM. i couldn't believe it. they grew several inches in 24 hours.

coyoteyogi

Yeah, when everything lines up and the conditions are right, the little fellas can grow like mad. Glad to see that you had success. I'm about a week behind you on the popcorn grow. Post some pics of that when you get results.

fattrout

hey fungiguy, thats a beautiful looking crop. your 2nd flush should gave up even bigger fruit.. great job!!!!!!!!!!
fattrout