First Time

Started by xtonceagainxt, July 11, 2009, 08:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtonceagainxt

Hows it going everybody? I'm wanting to get my first attempt going. Only thing I have a question about was keeping temperature. I liked the idea on this site of using an aquarium heater and two totes. But how about when the cakes are taken out of the jars and put into the fruiting chamber/terrarium. What Is the ideal temperature then? and being that my house/environment is a little cooler.. How Do I keep that temperature up? Id appreciate some advice here.. Thnx

dub504

fruiting temp should be 74-77 f. You could use the heater in a glass of water in your fc. There are a lot of different designs for fruiting chambers. READ @ www.shroomery.org

fungiguy

the temp in your fc should be around 75 degrees, about 10 degrees lower than your incubator. basically "room temperature". if it is too warm try moving them to the lowest floor of your house(basement). if it is still too warm, you can try filling a few cups with water, than freezing them. rotate the cups once a day and watch your temp. it should go down.

xtonceagainxt

my problem wont be being too warm. Im worried my home temperature is gonna be too cool.. im saying probably 65F. I was wondering how to keep the fc warmer. being that my home is cooler.. thnx

shroomzer

Maybe you could turn up the heat in your home to between 74-76 degrees.

fungiguy

put an aquarium heater, in a cup of water, inside your fc.

dub504

I'm not a fan of the cups of ice to control temp. The temp doesn't stay constant and you let out humidity opening and closing the fc all of the time. I think it's better to just find a proper location for the FC.

malabar

Anno,... 
      Is there no relief from this plague?     :huh:  The presence of this crowd?  It's like having eaten a "bad" burrito!   Bad gas, with a lot of craps!
     ~Malabar   
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!