different psillies and different substrates

Started by room408, July 11, 2009, 08:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

room408

whatsup everyone... i was reading through the forums and i forget where or when but someone said that a particular strain (of psilocybe cubensis) grew better with straw as opposed  to the brf method. i thought all cubensis grew well with the brf method. is there anywhere someone can direct me to the facts and requirements to each specific strain, or if anyone has their own opinions

thanks

and btw, im starting my first grow with brf and then plan on casing them. my strains are brazilian, koh samui super, texas, and thai mystery  and i innoculated last tues 7-7-09  im fuckin excited!!!

fungiguy

welcome room408!!! i'm not sure i can answer your question, but be patient. there are many poeple with much knowledge in this forum. someone will help you out. gooooood luck with your 1st grow!!!! post some pics of your progress.

dub504

Some strains do better on brf than others. I think they all love dung/straw, and grains much better. There is a learning curve to all teks.

psilocybin warrior

is there anywhere someone can direct me to the facts and requirements to each specific strain

>I am afraid no such list exists, atleast not to my knowledge. Growth parameters with cubensis are generally the same, and yes they all do grow better on different subs for many reasons. All cubes can grow through the pf-tek so dont worry, follow the tek and you're fine.

PW

room408

ok cool thanks for the replies. i checked my jars earlier and the koh samui super and thai mysteries started to colonize already! ill post some pics later when it gets interesting.

if i were going to invest in a cultivation book, which would people recommend?

dub504

The Mushroom Cultivator by Paul Stamets also www.shroomery.org has a ton of info.

coyoteyogi

I use Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook Easy Indoor & Outdoor Cultivation
by L.G. Nicholas and Kerry Ogame. Direct simple instructions, colored photos, several methods detailed, a good beginners book.

fattrout

"Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook Easy Indoor & Outdoor Cultivation" i have that book too, its a great book!!!! i keep it next to my bed lol... -_-
fattrout