Cow pastures

Started by Davie K, July 15, 2009, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

just a lil question of how the shrooms grow in the shit... do the cows eat the mushrooms while grazing, and the spores are resistant to their digestive tracks?  If so... after a long night of tripping, could i drop stools in my lawn an have some naughty old freshies...  i mean, not that it excites me 2 eat shit, or anything.. but, does that make any sense?

coyoteyogi

It's the spores Daviek, the spores. Those nearly invisible little 'seed thingies' are shed by the mushrooms into the air which gets spread around by the wind and deposited on the green grass. The grass goes through the various guts of the cow and, undigested, out the other end. Then if conditions are right and if the psilocybe wins out over other fungi, molds, etc. it begins to make the mycelium.

psilocybin warrior

Davie K

so, the spores dont digest?...  an if we eat the mushrooms containing spores...  we'll shit healthy spores?   poop in the long grass's, wipe w/ poison ivy.. all that good stuff?

dub504

Davie, are you a vegetarian? Your going to have to grow three more stomachs and start eating a lot of grass. I'll just stick to smoking mine... :mellow:

fattrout

hey guys, this is how it is.. the cows eat the dormant spores lying in the grass. pass through there system, come out there asses. then the cow shit, with some help from mother nature, the spores come to life..lol ^_^
fattrout

fattrout

"we'll shit healthy spores?"  lol, the spores won't live in our shit... ^_^.
fattrout

coyoteyogi

Microbiologically speaking, human shit is nasty stuff. It's filled with all kinds of aggressive bacteria etc, etc. It takes some effort and attention to get it to decompose without polluting the local environment downstream from the "pile". You definitely want it to be far away from any mycology projects you are up to either indoors or out.