Ever used a fogger?

Started by jobel, July 16, 2009, 08:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobel

I was at a petsmart the other day looking at ways to help my fruiting chamber and I saw something called a fogger.  It said it could make the rh levels up to 100%, but I thought I'd ask anybody if they had any experience with one.

thanks,
jobel

malabar

Jobel,
  I have seen them and once upon a time thought it might be a good solution, except the models I had seen were over priced. 
  I ended up buying a few tropic Air units online from 4littlepets.com.  They are only about $14.00 each.  I use them with my pet snakes, and they work excellently with FCs up to at least 68 gallons.   
  Since I work with glass in my art, I have built a couple of FCs that are well over 200 gallons, and with the proper seal 2 of these work great!  And I can house up to 30 good sized trays in these.  It's like have my own little condo project, or gated communities!  lol
  Hope that helps you
     ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

psilocybin warrior

I've used a fogger, it works great and looks cool but here are some downsides.

>If you leave it on for too long water will pool on your casings and oversaturate them which will suffocate the myclium.

>Water buildup on the bottom of your fc (build a drainage system)

Other than that the thiings work great if you use proper timings.

PW

jobel

So if I use this fogger, do I still need perlite or hydroton on the bottom, or can I put the cakes in alone.  Also, how long should I leave it on?

jobel

fattrout

i'm a big fan of the tropic Air, its bad ass. i own 4 of them and they run 24-7... -_-
http://www.4littlepets.com/humidifierandairexchangertropicair1.aspx
fattrout

nomoredroughts

i don't know if im doing somthing wrong with the tropic aire but i can maintain 95-98% rh. with just perilite alone. i was going for 100% so i bought one an when i turn it on the rh. drops to about 89%????
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

fattrout

wow, you may have to post some pics of your FC... you must have to big a holes or to many. that unit works so good i left the lid to my FC 1/2 way off and still maintain 99 RH.. also what size pump are you using? where is your air filter? it should be between your pump and the unit..
fattrout