casing?

Started by mustang1986, July 21, 2009, 05:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1986

i have three jars colonized should i case them or just put in perlte? first time grow so casing seems a little harder but i want maximum yield

malabar

Mustang,
  Are they cakes or grain?  I'm a casing guy, and don't do cakes.  But, for the bigger bang for your effort is to case.
  You can go back to the Fungifun.org home page and find a Casing PF-cakes recipe, which is close to all that I do.  A little effort, and almost foolproof.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

MT

The TEK that malabar is describing works really well and is easy to do, even if this is your first grow. I prefer to crumble up my cakes as opposed to leaving them whole. Either way I'm sure it is just a matter of preference. Good luck!

dub504

I've crumbled and cased cakes and it works great. The dunk and roll works very well too. BRF cakes are only going to put out so much fruit anyways. Your yield will not be dramatically different between the two. Just take your time and learn the basics.

shroomzer

I have crumbled and cased cakes.  The yield was much more and the shrooms were bigger IMO.  I still like my lil' cakes .. although fattrout keeps wanting me to do popcorn.  Hmmmmm......

fattrout

mustang, if there BRF cakes and its your 1st time. its easiest to just birth them as cakes.. i have done alot of cakes, alot of different ways. but IMO its best to crumble and case.
hey shroomzer, just say the word. i'll came over and help you start on grains (popcorn). -_- you'll never go back to your little cakes lol.. :ph34r:
fattrout

shroomzer

We'll see troutman, we'll see!

mustang1986

haha okay i will probably just leave them as cakes. any favorite strains? i have blue penis envy going now but i have kreeper syringe and three different kinds of pan cyans syringes

malabar

Mustang,
  You can fly with the Fattrout with your eyes closed.  The force is strong with that one,.......
   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

Where did you get your blue penis envy? ^_^

mustang1986

dub504

Is that anything like blue balls? ^_^
I believe the strain is just called " Penis Envy".
Hawks Eye is good... I didn't see great flushes on cakes (didn't case them). Still colonizing some popcorn and just knocked up some WBS a few days ago.

Now, that I take a closer look. Man, IMO. I don't think you want to grow Pans on BRF cakes unless you are going to use them as spawn for substrate.

coyoteyogi

Is that anything like blue balls? ^_^
I believe the strain is just called " Penis Envy".

Yeah, I was trying to make a joke.

dub504

I heard that Coyote! :mellow:

room408

i just read from baph in a post from three years ago that mycellium will "eat aluminum trays". is this true? can i not case in aluminum trays?  i am about to be dunking tonight do i need to use distilled water or tap? i have seen it in a video of someone using tap and i have read on here to use distilled.

room408

the thrread was called "DUNK" i just noticed it was started by you, PW lol you must have come a long way in three years to now being the "guru"

MT

I have used aluminium trays on several occasions without any problems. After they have exhausted themselves I just toss the contents in my compost bed and recycle the old tray. As for tap water versus distilled, I have not noticed any major differences. Probably just personal preference.

coyoteyogi

The only time I had trouble with aluminum was when I had a coir/poo/verm mix. With that it did eat away the aluminum on the bottom and I threw the bread pans away. Next time I'll line the boxes with plastic from a cut up trash bag.

room408

oh true im using brf cakes but im casing with a coir verm casing. you think i should line them? or do you think it was the poo that destroyed them?