a couple questions

Started by paytheprice102, July 22, 2009, 07:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paytheprice102

ok im a newbie and i was wondering if anyone can help me out.
the first question is what is a flush and how many can you have?
next after picking your shrooms can more still grow?
just wondering if somebody can be helpful i will appreciate much

malabar

You are truly showing your colors,...  lol  Nothing personal, but they is a world of past posts, and resources here and at the Shroomery to explain these basics.
  In any case,..  A flush is a fruiting cycle.  The period when fruit bodies ( shrooms ) are actually growing. 
  Depending on the substrate, nutrients available, and growing conditions, will dictate how many "flushes" will occur.
  After the first flush is harvested, and your beds nursed, another flush should follow shortly afterwards, and repeating the cycle until the nutrients are expended.
  Hope that gets you started.  Good luck.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

yes, it looks like you have a lot of reading too. anyway welcome to the forum. i also highly recommend you go out and buy this book, (psilocybin mushroom handbook) by L.G. nicholas and kerry ogame.. its like a bible to me. :mellow:
fattrout

coyoteyogi

I agree with FT on that book rec. It's what got me started in this hobby, although it took me a year to order the spores because of DEA paranoia.
  You can also go on youtube and search on "growing magic mushrooms" sometimes, especially in this hobby, good visuals are, hmmmm, enjoyably entertaining...

paytheprice102