lights?

Started by mustang1986, July 25, 2009, 09:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1986

what lights should i use? i have a room that has long skinny lights my friend said those would work i cant spell what they are but there lights that start with a F lol

coyoteyogi

They should be okay. If you take your tub into a brighter room from time to time where it can get some indirect sunlight even better. But fluorescent lights should be fine.

malabar

Mustang,
  The Coyote is correct.  The fluorescents should be okay.  Ideally, they should be more to the blue end of the spectrum, but the key here introducing light as part of your trigger for pinning.
  As for moving your little friends,....  I'm not sure I would agree too much with that one.  If you can introduce indirect daylight in your growing space that would be Much better. 
  Hell, most people aren't too partial to moving from house to house.  IMO, I would say, find a stable place for them to be comfortable, and let them flourish.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

mustang1986

they wouldn't be moving anywhere for the lights there actually incubating in the same room the lights are i wouldnt have to do anything but turn the lights on it a pretty perfect set up cuz i can have them fruiting and incubating in the same room without the ones incubating getting any light. i dont actually have windows in my room so i would have to put them in my garage to let them get indirect sunlight and that seem a little to sketch to me so i figure the room would be safer

malabar

Mustang,
   I do believe you'll be fine.  And depending on your privacy level, your garage may bring you new issues you haven't considered up this point.
  Also, depending when your live, heat may be another thing to think about out there.    :huh:
  I know here in Florida, my garage is hotter than the Mojave Desert!  My motorcycle hardly likes it in there unless one of the doors are up out there.

mustang1986

haha yeah my garage get to cold at night time it drops below 70 so thats another reason i dont want to do it there. what do you guys think i should fruit in? i have a plastic tubbiwear bin but i have heard fishtanks to which is better?

malabar

Mustang,
  It's your first time out, so I would say get creative and use what you have available until you feel comfortable about what you are doing and want to invest more.
  The aquarium is a small scale way to start, but can require more effort than it's worth.  And, it will also depend on how you are fruiting.  Casings, cakes, grains, uncased, spawned,...  The more involved you get, the more resource / space you will need.

mustang1986

i have three pint jars im not casing them i am just gonna dunk and role and let them fruit i have one tub that is about 2 foot  long and 1 foot wide then another that is twice as big as that one

malabar

Mustang,
  Nice little trial??  In that case, I would say the smaller tub would be More than suitable,....  And if you had that aquarium handy, considering the small grow, that may be just fine.
  Well, gotta go.  Time for eats, and to get ready for my show!
    Good Luck,

mustang1986

yeah im just gonna grow my first one small see how it does and if i get a decent crop gonna try to get a spore print and try same stain on rye or popcorn if possible.

coyoteyogi

Popcorn is the best. Very fast and very satisfying. IMHO -_-