casing pics.

Started by fungiguy, July 26, 2009, 09:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

this is my first attempt to case. i used 50/50 peat-verm. this is my popcorn. it is cambodian strain.

dub504

Lookin' good! Hear is one of mine, It's looks like this one is gonna explode!!! Thai on BRF crumbled. I did a mix of Peat, Coco, Verm, Oyster Shells, and Hydrated Lime

fattrout

-_-, love that popcorn. on your 2nd and 3rd flushes the fruits will be even bigger. i have had cambodians go 8 to 10 inches tall, with caps 2+ inches.. about 30+ Gs wet each. :mellow:
fattrout

fungiguy

nice pins dub. post more pics in a few days. looks like you are gonna be a happy camper.

Magic Money

Awesome! I am about 5 days from that hoping to get similar results. i will post pics of progress...

fungiguy

nice fattrout. i like the popcorn so far. my last jar was a little slow colonizing. i think i shook it too many times. oh well, gonna g2g tomorrow. splitting one jar into four. hopefully it will not take as long this time. do you have a method of dunking you casings of corn after first flush??

fattrout

yeah fungiguy, you can shack you jars to much and that will slow down growth. you know you could, make 10 jars from 1 and a 100 from 10 and so on.. -_-
as for me, when i pull my 1st flush i just patch with new casing mix and mist the shit out of it for 2 days.  have never dunk a casing..
fattrout

fungiguy

thanks fattrout. i had enough popcorn to do 4 jars. from them 4--case 3, and g2g the 4th. so on, and so on.

coyoteyogi

You can do this going from jar to jars for a number of generations but eventually run into the problem of senescence. For reasons not always clear, the myc seems to get tired. But, if you've been taking the occasional spore print, no worries. Start over from spores and begin again.

fungiguy

i never tried a spore print. i guess i should look into it. how many times can you g2g before the myc tires out??

malabar

Fungiguy,
  Try 25 - 30 events,......  lol
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

coyoteyogi

Really? 25 -30? Guess the spore sales people don't want this to get around...

fattrout

"Guess the spore sales people don't want this to get around..." yeah lol!! everytime i buy new spores. as soon as i have good fruit. i will take spore prints.. :mellow:
fattrout

malabar

Fattrout,
  Of course they don't want you to know this.  But, the backup plan is to make a few dishes of agar, clone the from flesh, and make sporeprints with your new, and winning fruits!    -_- 
  And as I would have predicted Fattrout,....  Your head remains in the game!    :rolleyes:
  Continue to use the force my brother,....  It remains strong with you.  lol
  ~Malabar   :mellow:

Magic Money

what is g2g? i feel like i should know this seems important lol

room408

grain to grain transfer. transferring colonized grain to noncolonized to start colonization

dub504

Here is what those pins turned into. ^_^

malabar

Dub,
  You've done pretty good so far!  Keep it up, while I work on that other thing for you.

Deadneck

Here are some pins on a Taz casing that Mr. Malabar provided me with.

Malabar: My B+ started to pin today too, they are tiny right now but I counted around 15.

malabar

Deadneck,
  You are up, running and lookin' good now,.....   And you know what to do to keep the wheels going around.  Get some more of those transfers happening as soon as the next corn is 100%,.....  Do it Bro.
  Trust me if you see 15 pins, that's only the beginning.  You've seen the casings I have.  There are over 50 - 60 pins at least if not more on most.  So multiply that by 22 trays.  It's like Shroom Wars in there.