HOLY SHIT PINS!!!

Started by Magic Money, August 05, 2009, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Money

Wow I was getting so vervous but they are finally here. Little shrooms are all over the place I will post pics as soon as I get my friends camera!!!
On a more concerned note, I have been opening the fc bins a lot lately to lower my RH but it is staying at 99. I know to fruit i need to lower my RH to around 92. I am running an air pump and tropic air, the pump is as low as it goes. ?What should i do to lower it?

should I?
< Remove the hydroton
< get an empty coke bottle and run the hoses through there

Let me know if you have better ideas or approve of the ones above
                                                Thanks

malabar

Money,
  Congrats on the arrival,.......   Takes a load off of all of us, I am sure.  lol
      ^_^
Q. >  Have you just been opening the lid for short periods of time?  Or leaving it open a bit to allow the rh to drop?  Short periods of venting really isn't going to do the trick.    :huh:    Hell,....  you would have to get a bed and camp out with the fc, because all you will be doing is fanning your ass off!
  I'm sure you don't want to have any set backs,.....  And if you have made this far, you would almost have to put effort in Fucking things up from here on.  It pretty much won't need more than for you to tweek things out.
  If you aren't having success with leaving the lid cracked open, ...  I would suggest rigging in a valve between the pump and the Tropic Aire, to regulate the rh and humidity output.  At this point the only other idea I would have starts to put a price with the action.  A timer and separate pump for the air and one for the Tropic Aire.
  But you definitely don't need 99% - 100% at this point.
   Perhaps Fattrout has another idea for you.
Keep me in the loop.
   ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Magic Money

Thank you Malabar, I now have the bins cracked. I feel safe about because I have a hepa running between them. If that doesn't work then I am going to do some rigging and drill more holes. I would like it to just drop to 95 because I have other casings that haven't pinned.  :angry: but they will just a little behind>

malabar

Money,
   Cool move,.....  Like I mentioned to you earlier on.  Use as much imagination as you can, and keep the cash in your pockets.
   You have a pretty nice little setup, so it's all about tweeking and managing your properties for the new tenants!  keep them happy,...     -_-
   ~Malabar   :mellow:

Magic Money

I drilled two more holes and have the lid slid so it is open on the side. the RH has dropped and leveled out to 97. I have recently noticed a pin on the other k super case, that completes those two. The kohsamui super have been the fastest of all 4 strands I have and I can't wait to see how they ride  :ph34r:
                                      Thanks everyone
P.S. Just got two new strands in the mail  Cambodians and Tazmanians. This time we are trying Rye with the mason jars. grain is soaking. time to buy PC >

malabar

Money,
  Good to hear that you are working out the little issues.     ^_^     If you can just get another couple of -% points, you should have absolutely no worries.  But at least you seem to be heading in the right direction.
  Be patient, and I am sure you will see the other trays start to show out as well. 
  And that investment of purchasing a PC will greatly assist you in your game.  I'm sure everyone will be delighted to hear/see your results.
   ~Malabar     :mellow:

fattrout

money, it sounds like you have it all worked out. you just have to experiment. but if it helps, this is what i do. one of my F.C.s is a 58qt bin. i have a 10 gal. fish tank air pump with regulator valve goin to the tropic aire unit, a 40 gal pump with a regulator valve goin straight into the F.C., to a wand, the 40 gal. pump is for FAE only. then you start to turn knobs until you get the R.H. were you want it. also in that F.C. i have 1 inch of hydroton,  12 - 1/4" holes about 1 inch above the hydroton around the bottom and 12 - 1/4" inch holes about 2 inchs from the top.. :mellow:
i hope this helps, fattrout........ :ph34r:
fattrout