cakes

Started by mustang1986, July 29, 2009, 06:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1986

i just birthed my first cakes and they stuck in my jars pretty bad so i had to pull and squeeze them on the bottom will that hurt them? i also could see the perlite a little bit threw the mycelium did i birth them to soon?

Deadneck

What's perlite doing inside of your cake? WTF? Perlite is used inside your FC to create humidity.

mustang1986

i smoke to much bud lol i meant verm not perlite haha

room408

on the bottom you should have a dry verm layer. that will stick a little to the bottom. but your not damaging the cakes at all. if you wanted to you could have crumbled and cased them. if their white all around they should be good all the way through.

mustang1986

yeah there white all over i hope they are good

Deadneck

They will probably bruise a nice deep blue depending on how hard you had to squeeze them, but it won't affect grow much, if at all. I would get wide mouth jars to avoid this in the future.

mustang1986

thanks for the info. how long should they sit in the water before i roll them in the dry verm?

dub504

@ least 12 hrs but no longer than 24 hrs. The closer to 24 the better. Make sure they are submersed ie. weighted down.

mustang1986

after i put my cakes in fc should i mist them heavily?

psilocybin warrior

No, thats what the dunking is for  ^_^

PW

mustang1986

and how long should i have the lights on and off when there in fc? ?

malabar

Mustang,
  Since the lights only really initiate pinning, anywhere from 4 - 12 hours on per 24 hour period will workout very well for your little friends.
  ~Malabar  :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

mustang1986

okay thanks for the info i am putting them in fc at 10 or 11 tonight think i shoul leave lights on untill 6 in the morning thats when i wake up. does that sound like a good lighting schedule ?

malabar

Mustang,
  If it works for you, and your little friends,.....  It sounds like a plan! 
      :ph34r:

mustang1986

this should be a new topic but what substrate should i use for pan cyans? and how should i fruit them cuz i heard they are harder and different to grow. i have heard they only do good on poo lol

malabar

Mustang,
  I would be thinking of using Rye grain or Barley, if it were me.
   ~Malabar   :mellow:

MT

After I dunk and roll my cakes I always wait about half an hour to let the verm layer dry out some and then I mist my cakes four of five times over the next twenty-four hours to get the verm layer nice and moist.

dub504

Malabar, The rye or barley for pans. Is that just your personal preference or is there a reason beyond that... :ph34r:

malabar

Dub,
  The Barley and Rye are all about my own preference and past experience.  I found that though the Pan. Coplandias likes straw more than anything else, that seems to have the Highest vulnerability to contamination.  Where as, in  using barley, or rye, you can easily spawn to compost  which greatly increases yield and size.
  You could also fruit right on the grains, but I found that you will produce 100's of tiny fruits that may be so small that they are a pain, if not impossible to harvest.
  But, I haven't played with them in Many years, and there may be more new data, or info out there.  Dig around a bit, or ask perhaps seek out PW.  He might have more than I on the species.
  Either way, it's an interesting project if you so choose to take it on.
     ~Malabar   :mellow:

dub504