cakes

Started by mustang1986, July 29, 2009, 06:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1986

i have had my cakes fruiting for a day and there is this fuzz stuff starting to grow in small places on them is that normal or some kind of mold? no color to it just small white fuzz

malabar

Mustang,
  It's probably nothing more than mycelium,......    But, nobody wants to guess,  and anyone will tell you,....
   Photos are needed to help you.
   :ph34r:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

mustang1986

thats what i thought but you cant see it in pictures i done tried. i will post pics soon as there is something to post. the humidity in my fc is 97 how low should it get before i start misting or should i already be misting?

malabar

Mustang,
   If you are at 97% rh now, you probably have, or should have misted prior to entering the fc.
   I would do little to no misting, unless the casing appears to be drying out for some reason.  The surface is to be moist, not soaked.
   The next time you really have to be truly concerned with additional misting will be after the appearance of fruits.
  When fruits appear, I bring my rh down to about 90% rh - 92% rh. 
There have been times that I am away, and the rh has been at 95% rh for 4 - 5 days without harming the little guys.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Mustang, what your temp? If it's 74-77, good. If it's higher your cakes may still want to vegetate and the myc just wants to stretch out instead of forming knots, pins, primordia and finally ... fruit!