laminar flow hood

Started by cugak, August 26, 2009, 10:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cugak

Im building a laminar flow hood.I am wondering if i can make, that the blower is blowing directly in the hepa filter!
In my case, the blower would be in the back instead on the top!
share international

fattrout

cugak, i guess i'm lazy. i went to home depot and picked up a honeywell air purifier, model 16200.. its a 99% hepa filter, electronic ionizer comb... i think i payed about 70 bucks, it works great..  -_- i turn it on 1/2 hour before i work and do all my work in front of it.. no problem yet..  :mellow:
fattrout

coyoteyogi

shroomzer

Yep 40 Bucks .. I think Trout just typo-ed that.  I got mine at home depot.

fattrout

yep you guys are right. the unit was 40 bucks. i bought an extra filter and it was 30 bucks..
fattrout

cugak

And at this purifier the fan is at the back side so it is blowing directly into hepa filter and out in the working area?(its not on the top so can it be that normal exhaus propeler one?)
And do you know what kind of fan it is? Is it in-line centrifugal fan, squirrel cage blower , or is it that normal exhaust propeler one ...?
share international

fattrout

cugak, i'm not sure what type of fan it is. the fan is sealed inside the unit. but it pulls the air in from the top and blows out the side.. there are 3 filters, the 1st is a washable pre-filter, 2nd is a carbon filter and 3rd is the 99% hepa filter..then before the air comes out of the unit.. the clean air passes through an ionizer.
i have been using it for about a year with no problems.. i clean the washable filter once a month. i have not yet had to change the main filter. the unit has a LED light that will come on when the main filter needs to be changed..
fattrout

fattrout

P.S. i think its a bad ass little unit!!!  -_-
they also make bigger unit.... :ph34r:
fattrout

nomoredroughts

shit! now you guys post that. i spent 400 on the one i have
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!