humidity problem

Started by mustang1986, July 31, 2009, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

how exactly is that plastic wrap placed in the FC? Is it in the pans or underneath them? I can't really make out that detail.

room408

its just lining the pans. i read that myc might eat the aluminum. we have some not lined in the incubator now waiting to enter the FC

Deadneck

The one's on the left may be suffering from overlay. I haven't had to deal with it before, but it's when the myc grows through the casing material and forms a layer on top. Look into it on Shroomery for solutions and wait for other opinions here. I may be wrong it's just my observation.

room408

what is the avg for trays to start fruiting once in the FC? those pics are from day 4

room408

rom reading about overlay. i can't see our conditions allowing it. the hottest the FC gets is 78 and that's not everyday we open the FC a couple times a day on top of using the tropic air. and the humidity stays in the mid 90s.

mustang1986

yeah thats what my cakes are getting. that white fuzz stuff on the tops and the bottom i dont know if you can see it but its growing bigger and still no pins  :angry:  any idea what it is or whats going wrong

mustang1986

here is the other cake it has it too  :huh:

nomoredroughts

that hydrometer in that pic is the digital i was having problems with(walmart special)
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

nomoredroughts

my cakes get the same why.but soon you should see bright little lumps in the fuzz and thats where the pins will pop
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

mustang1986

oh yeah that is def a walmart special lol sucks balls but i hope thats what it is. i am gonna invest in the poor mans pod next grow and alot better hydrometer to lol. im just gonna judge this round on the precipitation and how wet it looks. the temperature doesnt get below 72 or above 75 so i should be fine with that

malabar

Mustang,
  Go to your neighborhood pet store, and grab a Fluker's hygrometer.  They are programmable, display Celsius, and Fahrenheit, and are very accurate in reading/displaying your RH.
  They run about $15.00  - $20.00, but you won't have problems.
     ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

I have had the Flukers .. tossed three of them, due to moisture getting inside them.  I now have one that has the digital reader outside and the sensor is on a wire that goes into the unit.  I can't remember the brand name got it at petsmart.  Works well with no problems.

mustang1986

so my cakes still look normal? they have been fruiting for five days now and still no pins just white fuzz :huh:

malabar

Mustang,
  They look fine,.....  They have been in your FC, not actually fruiting yet.  I would give them a "gentle" mist, and leave them alone for a day or so.  A watched pot doesn't boil!    lol
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!