casing ?s

Started by room408, August 03, 2009, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

room408

does anyone have any ideas on these brf casings... they have been in the fc for 5 days   humidity 98% temp 76ยบ

coyoteyogi

Lookin good. Patience. patience.

Magic Money

Well i was getting nervous so i put more casing on the top just 1/8 inch. how long do you think we are looking at? because i am so worried that nothing is going to happen

malabar

Money,
   It's hard for me to make out the photo clearly, since I am check the site, while we are in flight on my dumbass, "smartphone.  But, I would say you "should" have pins within 8 days,..........  if conditions are correct. 
   On this small screen, and by your stating you are getting more vegetative growth, I would "Guess" that you may not be getting enough FAE.  Adding more casing may not hurt, but it most certainly won't help. 
  Stop adding casing, increase the FAE, and keep that rh @ around 95%.
What are your temps, RH now?  And what source of FAE?
   You may also be suffering from Overcrowding.  Too much C02 being produced and not enough aeration to remove it.
  I will be home in another 2 hours, when I can get a better look at the photos.
   ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Magic Money

rRght now the humidity is at 99 and that is with the pump as low as it goes. temp has been optimal, i am killing the electric bill keeping the temp at 73 f inside bins. as far as FAE there are four 1/4 inch holes at the bottom above the hydroton. i would estimate that i open the bin four times a day as well.
   thanks for the help Malabar

shroomzer

Dumbass, smartphone .. hahahaha!!!

malabar

Money,
  Now that I can see your photos on the big screen.  I stick to my guns of increasing your FAE. 
  Try to bring that temperature down just a couple of degrees, while reducing your RH. 
  An easy solution for both may be to just pop your lid open a bit, and monitor the results.  By doing this you can make your adjustments temporary and get back to where you like to be after the pinning begins.
  But, if it has been less than 6 - 8 days, I would just be patient.  If these were grains,.... or even Perhaps popcorn, I would say you are late,...  But if the spawn you cased was BRF, I have seen them drive people Crazy.  They seem to do what they do,.... when or it they want to.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:

Magic Money

Okay I have moved the fc to right under the a/c. I am trying to open the bins more often and give them a light fan. I guess I am just getting impatient for the ones that we did'nt patch again it has been five days, so hopefully some magic happens in these next couple days.
> Damn BRF :wacko:

Ritter

Quote from: Magic Money on August 04, 2009, 08:53:19 AM
Okay I have moved the fc to right under the a/c. I am trying to open the bins more often and give them a light fan. I guess I am just getting impatient for the ones that we did'nt patch again it has been five days, so hopefully some magic happens in these next couple days.
> Damn BRF :wacko:
What are you using as a sub? bulk or pf tek? pateince! is the key to this hobby, been 5 days give it a few more got any pics?
  "Ritter"

malabar

Money,
  You stated that you moved your fc, "under the a/c".???   :huh:  I hope your vents aren't blowing air directly into, onto, or dispersing what ever contams may or may not be coming through the a/c filters.
  When I asked that you pop the lid open a bit,.........  I meant to leave the lid "cracked" open perhaps a 1/4" - 1/2", just to allow a more constant source of air to work with your pump, and lower the rh a bit.
  I don't want you to do anything to Crash your crops! 
Again, since you are working with the BRF, you might as well resign that you might have a bit more time to wait.  You can't Rush nature, .....  Even though you are actually simulating her work.

room408

magic money and i are in a combined project with each other so those pics above or any posted by me are also magic moneys' pics     

we are casing brf with a verm/coir casing thanks for your input... it's our first grow and everything has been textbook up until this waiting game we're in now

malabar, the bins are closed and just positioned to where the a/c air will flow. we have four 1/4" holes in each chamber and are thinking about adding at least two more maybe, we have to borrow a drill so we have been waiting to do it. but we have definitely been airing them out at least twice a day

malabar

I still would be a bit uncomfortable about the location, but this is your show.  I'm sure if it's an issue, one of your other friends here will mention it.
  Also, I now believe there are 2 factors that may take some of the steam, or speed away from pinning. 
  1) Being BRF based
  2) That COIR, for some reason slows the pinning down by a few days.  This one comes from my experience, therefore I only use coir for spawning.

room408

ok cool thanks for the info malabar, that takes some of the anxiousness away