Fungifun - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Author Topic: Casings and Humidity  (Read 1675 times)

dub504

Casings and Humidity
« on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »

Casings require 95% RH for pinning and 90% RH for fruiting, from what I've read. I know casings make their own microclimate. How are these lower humidity levels beneficial? Will higher humidity say 99% decrease yeilds or cause other problems?

malabar

• View Profile
Re: Casings and Humidity
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »

Dub,
  You wouldn't want to have your rh over say 92% after pinning , ( 95%  - 99 % MAX   before pinning ), because you accelerate the possible growth of contaminants, and you'll more than likely over saturate your substrate, causing it to rot and die.
  If you have a good and constant FAE source, you can let things ride on their own at 92%, and 72F - 76F , w/o too much concern or constant monitoring at all.
  Your little friends are very tolerant of errors and environmental stress, and there is no harm in experimenting,.....   But I would advise you to stay with the plan, and successful teks.  There are quite a few things that can go wrong if you go too far off course.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:55:16 AM by malabar »
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »

Malabar, is that how you roll, @ 92% RH?

malabar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »

Dub,
  Every FC in the house is running @ 92% RH during fruiting and 95% RH when I'm waiting for pins.   
  Things are pretty much automated around here, since I have a lot of things going on.
  ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!