Casings and Humidity

Started by dub504, August 05, 2009, 08:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Casings require 95% RH for pinning and 90% RH for fruiting, from what I've read. I know casings make their own microclimate. How are these lower humidity levels beneficial? Will higher humidity say 99% decrease yeilds or cause other problems?

malabar

Dub,
  You wouldn't want to have your rh over say 92% after pinning , ( 95%  - 99 % MAX   before pinning ), because you accelerate the possible growth of contaminants, and you'll more than likely over saturate your substrate, causing it to rot and die.
  If you have a good and constant FAE source, you can let things ride on their own at 92%, and 72F - 76F , w/o too much concern or constant monitoring at all.
  Your little friends are very tolerant of errors and environmental stress, and there is no harm in experimenting,.....   But I would advise you to stay with the plan, and successful teks.  There are quite a few things that can go wrong if you go too far off course.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Malabar, is that how you roll, @ 92% RH?

malabar

Dub,
  Every FC in the house is running @ 92% RH during fruiting and 95% RH when I'm waiting for pins.   
  Things are pretty much automated around here, since I have a lot of things going on.
  ~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!