i inoculated popcorn

Started by Davie K, August 07, 2009, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

i used white popcorn and inoculated it 4 or 5 days ago... havnt seen any growth yet...  has anyone inoculated popcorn w/ spores... when i used my grain 2 grain it grew great... but w/ spores i havnt seen any growth.. i build an incubator with 2 tubs and a fish tank heater.. 86 F.  i used a little bleach in the water between the 2 tubs..  think i killed the spore? from the fumes?  idk.. or just microteck sold me some duds?

dub504

I think popcorn might be a little slower w/ spores.

Deadneck

I wouldn't worry too much. It takes longer when starting from a spore inoculation, b/c the spore has to mature into mycelium. With a G2G transfer, the already mature mycelium just continues to colonize on the new grain. 86 F is way, way too hot for incubation, no higher than 80 F and that's pushing it too. Contaminants will stop growth before it even has a chance to start.

GL

nomoredroughts

it took mine 6 days with the spores. 8 days with L.C. which was a little weird, i though the L.C. would of been faster. however L.C. is the way to go with cakes just over 2 weeks for full colonization
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

fattrout

yeah, it could take a week or so for popcorn to take off from spores or L.C...
once it starts, it should move pretty fast.
fattrout