Fuck

Started by Magic Money, August 07, 2009, 09:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Money

Just got my first glimpse of contamination  :angry:

I have two fc, the first one is doing great I have pins in half the casings so far. As for the second fc it is about 5 days behind but it was looking good until i woke up this morning and there was a big green spot on the corner of a casing. I immediately removed it and threw it outside, but the nasty smell still lingers in the fc bin. I wiped the walls with alcohol and lysoled the whole room. I really hope i noticed it fast enough because I have half my operation at risk!!!

dub504

psilocybin warrior

Did you take everything out and lysol the inside of the FC? Cuz if the smell is there, the source should be too.

PW

malabar

Money,
  PW has an excellent point there,....    And a nice Bleach bath before the Lysol couldn't hurt for sure!
   ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

shroomzer

Yeah I could agree with Malabar and PW .. I have cleaned out my FC with bleach and then lysol it also.  I love lysol .. use it daily it's like a freakin' drug itself .. if I don't lysol I freak out ... hahahaha!!

Magic Money

last night I took everything out and rinsed the chamber with bleach and water several times, then rinsed with just water. I lysoled and wiped everything with alchohol after. NO more nasty smell all i smell is bleach lol.  Today it is looking good still no pins, but it still has a few more days so wish me  luck.

< On a side note I can not wait till I get a camera so I can put some pics of the kosohmui supers I cased. The fruit is beautiful. On an individual 4 half pint casing with BRF I counted around 75 shrooms.  :ph34r:    Its going to be tasty.

malabar

Money,
  It may seem like a pain in the ass, but this is one of the good habits to get used to.  And your future fruits will show you just how much they appreciated the effort, by showing up!  lol      -_-     That bleach smell is a Clean smell.
  Hit it with our special friend Lysol once again, and you are good to go.  And, you're right.  We wouldn't mind taking a look at our little nieces, and nephews.  So please go to Walmart or Target, and pick up a little camera.

fattrout

lysol once a day and you'll keep the germs away.......lol   :ph34r:
fattrout

Maximillian1

Why waste money on Lysol? Common household bleach is cheap, easy and available everywhere. A mix of 10:1 chlorine bleach will kill any type of fungus, mold or bacteria. Lysol contains a lot of unnecessary chemicals that you might not want infused in you cakes, casing or shrooms whereas chlorine is in the water you drink on a daily basis.

malabar

Max,
  You are correct with the fact that Bleach will kill Almost anything bad that may come in direct contact.  But,.  there is a Direct threat of equal if not more dire, of the Airborne nature.
  Since you are neutralizing those airborne contams when using Lysol,  Not misting, or spraying your crops, you are assured that you are providing the healthiest overall environment.  Remember no matter what your FAE source is,...  Fanning, Air Pumps, Tropic Aire, you are introducing the atmosphere to the growing area.
  As for the water,...  For all of my years I have Only and Always used Distilled Water except for my outdoor grows.  Tap water only goes into PC work,... if then even, for me.

shroomzer

YEP gotta agree with Malabar .. I never use tap water .. spring water here.  Lysol is the best .. just don't overdo it.

psilocybin warrior

Ive used tap water before with no bad effects, tho it was with a "more new" plumbing system. Still, listen to Malabar.

PW