pins! pins!

Started by mustang1986, August 09, 2009, 11:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1986

took about a week and a half but the finally pinned up ^_^ i was getting so aggravated lol. i was thinking of casing them after there first fuit can you do that?

fungiguy

you want to case what after the first fruit? are they cakes??

malabar

Mustang,
  What's the dealie,.......?  I thought these were casings you were waiting on,......   :huh:
   ~Malabar    :mellow: 
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Magic Money

If they are cakes, you shouldn't have a problem  casing them after the first flush. Just rinse them off well.

malabar

Exactly,...  But I thought we were beyond this step,.........
    :huh:

fungiguy

not me, malabar. the question came from mustang.

malabar

Mustang,
  Sorry,....  My bad!    ^_^  Now you see why I will be on that plane to Puerto Rico tomorrow! 
  Time for a vacation,.......  from everything.  May not even bring my laptop!  lol

fungiguy

puerto rico, good for you!!! are you taking the fruits of your labor with you?

malabar

Of course,.....  And I have a couple of cousins there that grow as well,...  So I hope to grab some of their wild prints while hanging with them.
    :ph34r:

fungiguy

cool...speaking of prints, how do you do yours? haven't tried that avenue yet.

malabar

Fungiguy,
  I suspend a cap over container of sterilized H2O.  Check the Shroomery,..  I am sure there are a few TEKs there.  Or, Fattrout is a "Big" print guy.  Reach out, I am sure he will point you in the right direction as well.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:

fungiguy

yeah, i found the tek that has me using paper to print on. after the print dries, how do i transfer it to colonize?? can i just scrape some into a jar of grain?

mustang1986

mine are brf cakes. i didnt case them i just let then fruit as cakes i was wondering if i could case them after the first flush

malabar

Mustang,
  You still have the opportunity to case the cakes.  However, i wouldn't suggest crumbling, for fear that the shock may be so great that the percentages of recovery may not be good. 
  At this stage, I believe you could continue your first flush, go on to your rinse, soak for a few hours, then go ahead and case.  Make sure that casing is really fluffy,.......  For good aeration. 
  You really don't want to create too many hurdles sense you are already changing the playing field.
  I realize this was probably an "after thought", but you should be prepared to allow your crops to flourish in a single setting, or environment, short of some sort of catastrophic event,.... 
  I would also allow some Extra time before you even see initial signs during the brief incubation period after casing.
  GL

fattrout

fungiguy, i do prints two diffrent ways. i do the paper print when i want to store a print a long time... if i am going to use the spores right away, i will take a cap, put it in a 1/2 pint jar. leave it 2 days, remove the cap and add water to the jar, stir it up and suck it into a syringe... you can do the same with a paper print, just scrape the spores to the jar add water and suck with syringe....btw all this is done in a clean and sterile environment..
good luck, fattrout
fattrout

mustang1986

:ph34r:
first flush finally lol they been fruiting about three days now how they looking? i think there is gonna be quite a few aborts cuz the strain is penis envy but there popping up all over the cakes im so happy lol  -_-

MT

Those are looking good. It won't be too many days until you'll harvest those fellas.

mustang1986

good  ^_^ how much you think will get wet? lol im exited cuz this is my first grow

fattrout

hey mustang1986,  you lookin good. you should be pickin soon..... -_-
as for all those aborts, cakes are some times just unpredictable!!!!!
you may try to increase your FAE..
keep it up!!  :mellow:
fattrout

fattrout

"how much you think will get wet?" 
with cakes its hard to say. could be 25 gs+ wet  per cake, 1st flush. i had a cake give me 60gs once...  :ph34r:
fattrout