aborts

Started by fungiguy, August 09, 2009, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungiguy

i had a real nice pin set with popcorn cased with peat/verm. most of the pins turned into aborts. is there one cause for this, or can it be various reasons. i have brf cakes in the same fc that are doing very well. so conditions in the fc are good.

dub504

With casings the issue of humidity is an important variable. You want to get a nice pinset @ 95% RH and when they get pea sized drop the humidity to 92%.  Cakes need higher humidity and thrive on that. This is something that I overlooked at first, since I still have some cakes and have moved on to grains. Doing that little change w/ my casings has made a huge diff. More pins mature!

fungiguy

ok, how do i lower the humidity? i am using pearlite.

fattrout

there are many ways to lower your R.H... you need to experiment, maybe start by adding more holes to your F.C... increase your FAE... you just have to play with it...
lol and i don't mean your penis. sorry just J/K   :ph34r:
fattrout

dub504

Make sure your Hydrometer is accurate. I thought mine was a nice one, turns out it was crap!  -_- I drilled a few too many holes at first, and three hydrometers later, had to tape some up. (I thought I already learned this step.) So, now I'm getting the proper RH w the holes, cracking the lid slightly and doing a sort of voodoo rain dance.

BTW
Cropping RH range is 85-92%

MT

Good luck with that rain dance thing!

psilocybin warrior

The Challenger diddnt abort, it blew up