price chopper

Started by Davie K, August 12, 2009, 07:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davie K

i just found half gallon mason jars at price chopper... i didnt know they made jars this big..  i can fit 4 of em in my pc... then i used one fully collonized quart jar, G2G...  talk about stepping it up a notch..

coyoteyogi

The only possible issue is the time it takes to achieve full colonization. The longer it takes the more opportunities for contams to get a toehold. Keep us informed on how it goes.

psilocybin warrior

Yeah maybe nextime try 2 colonized crumbled quarts then shake after the G2G transfer. That could go reeeaaally quick.

PW

Davie K

The half gallon jars are all i use now... i can take one half gallon jar and g2g 6 others... the 6 are fully colonized in a week.. then i use one half gallon jar to colonize 2 mono tubs of poop which take another week, then case...  I have been stacking mono tubes now for 3 weeks i have about 16, and i pick anywhere from half an oz a day - 6 oz's a week... dry...  Maybe if your all lucky... ill post a pic of my lab.

fattrout

please do, i would love to see it. i am getting a hard on just waiting.. ^_^
fattrout

dub504

Man, that's a big lab. Those deep substrates really get some monsters.

Davie K

half gallon jars,  almost fully colonized from grain 2 grain in under a week.

and...  my lab 
Im on a 12/12 light with a 1000 watt high pressure sodium bulb...  might be a lil over kill... but i have the light in use anyway.. so might as well take up the extra space with totes...

every half gallon jar will make four pan... or w/ out the pans it makes 2 totes

All white widdow... i know, whats that have 2 do with fungus..  but the Co2 created by the fungus... cycles with the oxy from the widows

so, that doesnt hurt...

did i win the contest?

malabar

DavieK,
  We haven't even gotten the contest off the ground yet, but I guess your determination to to be a "Market Force" grower has come to volusion,.....?   Or, certainly a long way from the small pins you were producing this past spring!
  If you are growing for market, I would invest in a perimeter alarm, and enter a contest with SafeTouch , or another security firm to keep those NYS Troopers off your lawn at night!   lol
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

I asked myself. Why does he need that much light? Then I saw what else was in the room. ^_^ Got my vote!

Cameltom

you should not vote till all the pics are in  -_- ^_^ :rolleyes:

shroomzer

Awesome Davie!  Put 'em up in that other thread .. or maybe wait till you have more shrooms to show, you should have some before months end. Very Nice!

dub504

^_^ I swear I'm not biased.

fattrout

hey guys, this is the 1st time i have been able, to jump on the forum.
WOW  davie K, i just blew my wad...lol nice set up.. :mellow:
fattrout

coyoteyogi

Back from a long trip out west. Wow. Those are some great tubs and a great setup. What do they look like today?

Davie K

im soon 2 post another pick...  now i have tub walls all around... so, i need to expand,  tho alot of the tubs are on or past their third flush... so ima be re-useing alot of them..... its hard 2 keep track, if i dont have my sharpie w/ me... ima have 2 start dating the flushes so i can remember.  3 weeks left on the first 5 widows... then i harvest 5 every fallowing week, non stop....

4ever the One
~davie k

psilocybin warrior

Have you thought about going to meijer or somewhere and getting martha stewart portable closets to turn into a fruiting chamber? Its much easier than stacking tubs, also space & user friendly.

PW

Davie K

i havnt thought about it... do they have lids?

dub504

My FC is translucent not transparent and I don't have any problems.

Davie K

Thanks for the idea... ima stick with my tubs... i've already bought them, and their working fine for me..  That just seems a little 2 easy for contamination... i mean once it gets in...   everythings done.. uposed 2 the tubs... if it hits one... then ones done, the way i do it... with all the molds growing ontop of the dirt in my lab... i take the tub into a room with my hepa filter and give it a good lysol'n b4 i open it 2 pick...   that would be a little 2 bulky 2 do so w/... but thanks