Need Feedback

Started by darksyde, August 16, 2009, 08:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darksyde

Im getting ready to throw a batch into my fc. This is my 2nd attempt so Im still a novice at best. My 1st batch was pc kreeper on 60/40 cased rye. I got a decent flush, but they were rather small and i wasnt exactly satisfied. Ive read and read trying to understand the ins and outs of casing, but had some trouble and could use some help. My rh was between 85 and 95 and temp stayed around 75. The myc wasnt running rampid throught the casing, but it  pulled in around the edges of the pan which I concluded to be overlay from what Ive read.. Does anyone have a full-proof method for casing or at least some ideas on what I might have done wrong?

malabar

Darksyde,
  Welcome,...  First I will say as we all would, that a photo speaks volumes.  If during your grow you take a pic and let us see what you have, it takes away from the guess work.
  As for what I can visualize from what you are describing, if you have incubated properly, after the casing is applied would be :

**  RH should and needs to be constant,.  95% - 99 %, until pins appear, avg 92 % - 95% thereafter.  Temp , 72F - 78F constant

If you are suspecting overlay, there are methods of control, from "light raking" - light misting to "knock down" the growth.

As for what's going on around the perimeter,.  I'm not getting a clear picture,.  Is this where the fruits are developing, or what you suspect is the "overlay"?

What is the setup?  FAE system?  Lighting?

~Malabar    :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

sounds like your all set up.. malabar said it all ,theres not much i could add except for maybe.. " So the casing pulled in from the edges of the pan" this is some what normal as the sub dries up it will shrink.. when this happins to me i fill in the edges with casing mix..
take pics, fattrout
fattrout

malabar

Thx Fattrout,
  I just realized that I missed that possibility, of "shrinkage".

As for that breathable closet, if it's a fabric, I would keep an eye on it for molding.  If it is not coated, it may become a problem sooner, or later.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:

---- Darksyde----
  ** Safe,.??  Safe from what?  Are you wanted or something?

fattrout

sorry for the typos, i guess you can tell i'm suffering from jet lag..lol :rolleyes:
i fixed them, fattrout
fattrout

malabar

Darksyde,
  An Idea,....  After this run, ( final flushes ), if you have another FC available to work with for a couple of days, you can get a can of Scotch Water Guard.    It is a "waterproofing" product.  I'm pretty sure it's a Dow Corning chemical.
  Of course it is going to eliminate that breathing thing you have going on, but, it will also cut out the contam, mold, bacteria thing you will eventually encounter.

shroomzer

"Is this site safe, btw?"

hmmmm ... no, everyone here is on the lam .. ya know paranoid and all that shit that's why we are here cuz we relate to each other so well.    hahahahahaaa ..if you believe that then you need therapy~!   or maybe I do ...  ^_^ !!!

Its safe.

shroomzer

Use photobucket .. once you upload your photos there .. just click on the IMG code and copy and paste into your thread and wha-la pictures show up~!!

malabar

Really,.  Who really thinks about that shit?  If the man want you, if he hasn't killed you already, he will find something Much bigger than being involved with this to take you down!
  That paranoid shit,....  Makes me hungry!  lol  Weird 

shroomzer

Quote from: malabar on August 16, 2009, 09:51:40 AM
  Really,.  Who really thinks about that shit?  If the man want you, if he hasn't killed you already, he will find something Much bigger than being involved with this to take you down!
  That paranoid shit,....  Makes me hungry!  lol  Weird

LMAO Malabar!!

malabar

No worries here,...   :rolleyes:  I'm good,...  Firing up the grill in a min.  Throwing some Salmon on,...
  You make me hungry dude!  lol

shroomzer

Caution is good .. just gotta get used to our (sick)'sense of humor' .. =)

Cameltom

u mentioned u got small shrooms
did u dunk the second flush that can help

Deadneck

I heard Lysol can cause problems when it's sprayed too close to the FC or around the babies. Anyone know or hear about that?

room408

ive personally had no problem

malabar

Cameltom,
  I would lend my crops as living proof that Lysol and Oust are not going to stunt, or damage your grow.    Unless you are acting out like a crop duster!
  If that were the case, the amount of Lysol, and Bleach that are used in my home and lab areas,......  I would be raising midgets or dwarfs! 
  Of course you have to use common sense.  If these products are designed to kill molds, bacteria, fungus are of the same genre.  And if you are keeping the area clean, you shouldn't have to use excessive amounts.

Deadneck

That's what I thought too. I remember Baph said something about it having negative effects on the little guys. Can't remember where....

Malabar, sorry I missed your call yesterday, I was back in the hometown for a night. Just got back this afternoon and have been surfing all day. I'll catch up with you ASAP. Might have training for a new job tomorrow..... we'll see.

Later.

shroomzer

A day without Lysoling my place is like a day without ... sunshine!  lol  But yeah quite honestly Lysol is my best friend .. I remember someone (could have been baph) saying too much wasn't good .. but I have had no ill effects from the use of it.  I always spray every morning, my entire house after cleaning .. and when I'm gonna go do some working in the 'lab' I spray inside and wait a bit then spray outside before I enter ... I should own stock in Lysol, I would be rich I think!!!

malabar

I actually believe we are all good.  Like Shroomzer said,.. "Too much isn't good",....  With that being said, too much of anything is not good.
  And if their stock wasn't over the top, I would consider buying a few shares myself!   lol
    ~Malabar    :mellow:

fungiguy

darksyde, i don't dunk my casings. i simply patch if needed and give them a good misting. i am not a pro by any means, but so far--so good.