Thailand Koh Samui Super Strain on PC

Started by dub504, August 12, 2009, 08:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

Alright, I had a really great flush here. I'm not really impressed by the size though. Does anyone why they are little guys? Is it just the strain? B+ I've grown are quite a bit bigger but these KSSS are def stronger. Not that I'm complaining. :mellow:

room408

magic money and i just harvested and tried our kss the other day. ate 2.5 g's dry... i thought they were going to be stronger. we grew on cased brf... some your fruits seem bigger, especially the stems, ours was more even. we put four cakes per tray and got 184 g's wet on first flush

heres the pics of them
http://www.fungifun.org/forum/index.php?topic=1540.0

room408

sometimes these pictures are deceiving. but i mean compared to field shrooms these are babies, although much more potent  :wacko:

dub504

I guess pics are deceiving. They look so different. Mine had these really dense clumps of them and the stems are so gnarled. I didn't bother weighing.

room408

hell yeah we had good clusters too. how much did you eat? or did you not weight it out?  what substrate did you use?

dub504

Just picked them this morning. Had previously grown them on crumbled PF Cakes. Substrate for this grow is popcorn.

room408

what did you do better on the popcorn this time or the brf cakes in the past with the kss?

dub504

Popcorn is def better. My casing improved and I got a better hold on humidity issues. It's cumulative knowledge I guess. I just tried popcorn for an experiment, but now I'm on to other grains: Millet, WBS and Br Rice. G2G is so easy it's silly and Millet rips.

malabar

Dub,
  I'm glad to see you are stepping into the lighter and faster grains ( brn rice, rye, millet, WBS oats ),...   This is what I have been doing from day one, and have been trying to bring others into.  They float when it comes to colonization time, and so easy to work with. 
  As for the popcorn,....  I wasn't too impressed with the results other than the fact that it further simplifies the avenue of g2g transfers.   Therefore if/when I use the popcorn, it is just for the purpose of future g2g, or spawn for outdoors.
  I suppose it's just another concept of preference. 
   Further, on the subject of KSS.  Typically, that strain doesn't get very large,  though I am sure there have been exceptions, or hybrids that have gotten to the size of B+ or some other large fruiting bodies, so don't dispare.  And the size may increase slightly with further flushes.
  As an experiment, you might extend your light cycle.  This may or may not have an effect, but remember they need their sleep too!  And they well in the dark!  lol
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Malabar, How much light are you saying to try? I give them 10 hrs of light.

malabar

Dub,
  I get an abundance of natural light in my lab, but I also have fluorescent Gro lamps cycling 12hrs on/off. 
  It's not that they are light dependent, but they will respond well with longer light cycles.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Yeah, It seems like some growers like the longer light and some like it a little shorter. Maybe I'll go back to 12.