gnats

Started by nomoredroughts, August 17, 2009, 05:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomoredroughts

returned lastnight from a awesome weekend in Vegas(first time)to find gnats all over my casing.
I'm trying the vinegar trick but doesn't seem to be working, anyone have any tricks of the trade for this.
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!

malabar

Nomoredroughts,
  Unfortunately, there are no "tricks" for this issue.   (sucks)  You can be sure that if you are seeing adults , there are more than likely larvae below the surface.  And if you don't have means of quarantine, ( preferably outdoors ), all of your grow is doomed to be infected.
  If you are in the middle of a flush, and can continue growing somewhere outdoors or a garage, you can attempt an spay application of 1:4 of dishwashing liquid:H2O.
  Alternately, there is a product available called, Garden Safe, Multi-Purpose Garden Insect Killer.  It is used for all fruit, veggies, tuber, potatoes, berries and naked edibles right up to the point of harvest.
  You Can use this product, but don't be fooled,......  If it will kill an insect... Enough of it will do you in as well!
  Other than that, to my knowledge, all other treatment, right down to yellow sticks used commercially are Truly Toxic .
  Best bet, w/o quarantine,.......  is to let it go.
    Sorry to say.
      ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

sorry Nomoredroughts, malabars right. i know it sucks, sometimes you just have to throw in the towel..
fattrout

shroomzer

Yeah it does suck .... I've thrown in a a whole freakin' load of towels ...

MT

Your best bet unfortunately is to toss them out and start a new batch. Damn those gnats.

shroomzer

GNATS .. talk about gnats .. all these spammers are getting to me ..........!!!! GRRRRRRRRR..  (sorry don't mean to tread on your thread!)

malabar

LMAO,....  Shroomzer,
   You keep me rolling!    ^_^    But, on the serious note,....  All Gnat issues are a pain! 
  And Pam Gnats are just as bad as those in your crops.   :angry:
      ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!