first time grower

Started by Ganja_Man, August 17, 2009, 08:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganja_Man

so I ordered a grow box from the Netherlands with everything all ready to go, all I have to do is put it in a container with some water in the bottom and spray it down and supposedly shrooms will grow but I was wondering if anybody had any advice for someone who has never done this.

malabar

Ganga_Man,
  Sounds like you have an adventure on your hands.   :rolleyes:
Since you paid someone to do all of the work,.......  and other than perhaps getting a few shrooms in the end,... providing your little "kit", isn't a box of rocks,....
  I would stay you are pretty much on your own.   ^_^   Maybe you can spend a few more Euros, pick up a camcorder, and make a documentary for the masses??
  We are the kits!  From start to finish,....  Spores to fruits.
GL with that.
    ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

fattrout

dude, i suggest you go out and buy this book. (psilocybin mushroom handbook, by L.G. nicholas and kerry ogame). its a great book to start with. i keep it right next to my bad with my bible...lol 
also research this forum and its teks. the more you know about the live cycle of shrooms the better.. :mellow:
BTW, i personally have never of a grow box you just add water to. can you put up a pics of it.. -_-
fattrout
fattrout

Ganja_Man

ill check out that book for sure. the website wont let me upload a pic but this is the link  http://www.amazing-nature.com/magic-mushroom-grow-p-53.html

shroomzer

Use photobucket to get your pics here.  Upload them to your photobucket acct. select the IMG code, copy and then paste into your post here.  I hear you can use Imageshack too, my preferance is photobucket.  I am curious as well about this 'box'.

malabar

Shroomzer,
  The kits are an adaptation of the old homestead kits, or inoculated myco bags the sell here.  They are very popular in the Netherlands, England, and Europe since some of the recent changes in the laws there. 
  Of course they aren't highly advertised here, since they don't typically ship overseas to the states.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

Ganja_Man

well i live in the states. south Florida to be exact so I'm hoping my kit doesn't get held up in customs. I will try to upload the pic via photobucket but if you click on the link that I posted you should be able to go the the website I got it from. On the website it says that someone makes your kit fresh and then sends it out so I'm thinking that its just someone sitting at their house making them to a certain degree and then shipping them out.

Ganja_Man

the picture that is on the website

cugak

share international

coyoteyogi

If you can get a grow like that then you'll be well served. Once you've tasted a bit of success, ramble around the archives on this site. A spore print and a few bucks investment will keep you going deeper into the hobby. good luck and welcome

Ganja_Man

fungiguy

ok, so you "blew" 70 bucks. do some research. if you get even a small yield from this kit, that is cool. take the biggest fruit and get a spore print from it. do some more research, and spawn to keep the good times going. life will soon be good!!!

Ganja_Man

ok so what do I do with the spore print once I get it?

shroomzer

Ganja .... get the book Trout says to get.  READ the teks here on fungifun ... do your research here on the forums.. all the questions you have asked have been asked by lots of others.  The search here works great .. put in a word or phrase and hit search, it will bring up most topics that have to do with what you are looking for.  But then again there are some very cool people that will spell it out for you step by step and if they feel like doing it they will do it for you.  It took me a long time reading etc. before I even posted in the forums.  So trust me, if I can do it so can you.  Patience and research, trial and error, you may fail but you'll finally get it.  I have.  As far as spore prints..skip that step.  Just get your own set up going and order spores to begin with.  That to me seems the simplest way IMO.

fattrout

hey ganja, heres a very good video. its about 1 hour long, but its worth the time. -_-
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3286686859329905674
hope this helps,
fattrout
fattrout

MushroomMatt

hey ganja, here's a good website about growing mushrooms:  learnhowtogrowmushrooms.com

Hope that helps!

:ph34r: