Colonised Grain jars

Started by dub504, August 13, 2009, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub504

I gotta head up north for a family fun er al... I've got some colonized jars. The little lady is gonna watch over casings in the FC "crossed fingers". What's the best way to wait on these jars? Can I put them in the fridge in a clean place?

psilocybin warrior

Sorry to hear that. How long will you be gone? Which strain? If your going to be gone longer than a week just keep em at room temp, otherwise if ur fridge is clean you can throw em in there.

PW

dub504

Much appreciated PW. I'll be gone for a little under a week. Ban Hua Thanon, Brazil, Thai KSSS, B+, PE. Shit I've got a lot going. Your typical G2G story...

dub504

cugak

Hey, maybe you can give them to me. Just send them and ill send you back some fruits!
share international

dub504

nice... ^_^ Should I send them to 123 Fake ST?

cugak

Ive got a popcorn jar about 40% colonized. Do you think that if i shake it (for the first time), that it will speed up colonization or it will slow it down?
share international

malabar

Cugak,
  How long have they been cooking?  And, what size jars?  If they are only pts or less and colonization is over 8 - 10 days, I might give they them the one good rumble.  And, from that point on, let them do as they will.
  Popcorn has so much air between the kernels they generally run through pretty quickly.
  As for growth beyond that point.  Of course there will be some delay,..... they always need a little time to recover and resume growth.  A day or so. 
  But, you knew that,.....right?  Right???   :huh:
     ~Malabar     :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

cugak

They are now about 2 weeks and a quart jar! Should i shake em ?
share international

malabar

Cugak,
  Since they are jars are quarts, I think you could go either way.  So go ahead, give them a "lite" toss.
  But, I wouldn't disturb them again until they are ready to spawn, case or whatever their final destination will be.
   ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

I'm back now... Dubette did well with the farm. Although she didn't pick the 2nd flush off of the popcorn / Thai KSS. They did get bigger than the first flush.