"Mushrooms using pftek method" question :)

Started by XinTaH, April 08, 2004, 11:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XinTaH

hi,

i had some troubles removing the cake from the glass and damaged the mushrooms that allreade grown in it ... they were starting to turn darkish black green ... is this normal (am total newb here) take a look at the pictures and please let me know if i need to worry, if they're eatable and shit like that :)
maybe some advice like how to remove the cake :)

anno

It's is normal for mushrooms to blue when bruised.
You should transfer the cakes to the terrarium before the mushrooms have grown that big.

XinTaH

thx,
well there's a first time for everything. thx for the tip.

So i can eat them if i like :) pfew.
still drying though.

Jopo

I am heading on, past the great pf and on to the popcorn tek.  Knowing that i have no clue on where to get this white popcorn, i was figuring i'd ask and see if i could use just regular yellow cernals for this tek?  I also can not find where to get crushed oyster shells for the peatmoss/verm casing, would this be a problem or is the oyster shells optional?  When these jars i am preparing to do have fully colonized i was going to use some in bulk growing with a peat/verm mix, i am just wondering if standard Psylocybe Cubensis would grow large flushes and that if the bulk container i am using is to big for a terrarium but had a lid i was thinking on using it itself as a terraium by misting, would this be possible?

anno

>Knowing that i have no clue on where to get this white popcorn, i was figuring i'd
>ask and see if i could use just regular yellow cernals for this tek?

Yes.

>I also can not find where to get crushed oyster shells for the peatmoss/verm
>casing, would this be a problem or is the oyster shells optional?
They are optional as long you have limestone flour.

> i am just wondering if standard Psylocybe Cubensis would grow large flushes
Yes, it eh conditions are right.

> and that if the bulk container i am using is to big for a terrarium but had a lid i
>was thinking on using it itself as a terraium by misting, would this be possible?

Yes, this is possible.