Previous topic - Next topic

peroxide bad?

yes
1 (20%)
no
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

jobel

I am using a poor man's pod and I was thinking about pouring some hydrogen peroxide in the standing water to make sure it doesn't get nasty.  would this be a bad idea?

MT

There should not be a lot of standing water in there. If you are using perlite.

coyoteyogi

I've heard that the H202 evaporates and retards the growth of the shrooms. I'm not sure if this is true or not. I switched over to minimal water and added sea salt to help with keeping humidity up. I'll post if it works or not.

psilocybin warrior

You can add a little h202 maybe a 1;100/1;150 ratio

PW

malabar

I agree with PW.  I use those ratios, and may even spice it up by adding 1:100 ratio of bleach to that solution.  There is a mild reaction when mixed but I have some pearlite that is years old, and I don't have retarded growths, or contamination issues either.
  Then again, with the Tropic Aire systems, I don't have much standing water in the neighborhood.
  **The only drawback is that you Cannot mist your beds, or fruits with this mixture.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:
My Kung Fu may suck,.....  But, my Shrooms Kick Ass!

dub504

Really!? Shit, I've been using 1:9 H202:H2O for misting and over my air stones under hydroton...
malabar, you're saying you can't mist w/ that because of the bleach, right?

malabar

Dub,
  That is correct.  If you were experiencing some sort of radical mold invasion, I have seen this mixture stop it Dead in it's tracks, so I know it will do the same to your growth.
  It is just be a lazy mans way of treating your hydration stones, or pearlite if you don't have time to do a proper cleaning.  I admit, with all of the FCs I have and other responsibilities I don't get to clean my pearlite, or hydroton as frequently as I would like, or should.
  As for misting, I rarely worry too much about misting using the Tropic Aire humidifiers.  Only time I do any real misting is during "heavy" flushes, and not often then either.
  ~Malabar    :mellow:

fattrout

hey guys, check it out. i have never used hydrogen peroxide in my F.C.s.. i just clean them in soap and water every 2 months. altough i use the tropic-aire system, so there is no real standing water. but it could be the lysol, i use more lysol then most....lol  -_- it seams to work for me....... :mellow:
fattrout

dub504

Was it shroomzer who made his own tropic aire? I need to see those pics again or find the thread.

malabar

Dub,
  Heads up,...  Shroomzer is a she!  And, no, she uses the real deal.  I can't remember who it was that made their humidifier, but I'm sure you will find it or work it out.
  ~Malabar   :mellow:

dub504

ahh, I see. Woops on that assumption. I think it was nomoredroughts.

shroomzer

HOLY CRAP BATMAN ... I seem to have had a sex change overnight~!! =)~ ...hahaha .. tis cool, but I think my picture thingy looks kinda girly dont' you think?  heheee....  And heck no - I'm lazy I don't make nothing (well with some exceptions to that, not totally lazy =))  If I can get it ready to use, then I am getting it ready to use.

dub504

Yes, your picture is girly. If only there was an embarrassed face on here. ;)

shroomzer

LOL its ok dub .. I just put up the girly pic a few days ago ... =)

jobel

nomoredroughts

i used peroxide on cob Web mold i got on my first casing.i woke up an found a dime size lump of cob web fuzz hit the shroomery up and found some others tried it so i gave it a shot.it came back in 2 days hit it up on more time with h202 never  came back
DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!!