grain dunk

Started by room408, August 26, 2009, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

room408

it seems that dunking a fully colonized grain jar overnight would be beneficial in getting the maximum water content for the mycelium. i have not read anything about this. does anyone have any opinions? for dunking the grain i am thinking of just filling the fully colonized jar with water and letting it sit overnight before casing. then strain and case
      also, when you guys are caring for your casings, you spray it down everyday right? the idea is to keep it field capacity at all times right?

coyoteyogi

If you have more than one jar, you might try leaving one as is and dunking the others to see if there is any difference in yield or speed. Every time you add something to the mix you are introducing the possibility of contams joining the party. Your strategy for fully hydrating the jar sounds okay to me, just not sure if it will make any difference.

psilocybin warrior

it seems that dunking a fully colonized grain jar overnight would be beneficial in getting the maximum water content for the mycelium.

>That's what Simmering is for, pointless to dunk grain jars IMO.

when you guys are caring for your casings, you spray it down everyday right? the idea is to keep it field capacity at all times right?

>No, Just before every flush, too much misting can damage the mycelium and primordia formations.

PW